There is no disk in drive

I have installed the game and activated the english lower leagues, but when I load the game or save the game I get an error message which reads

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1. If I click Try Again it goes off screen and I can continue, but I do not want to have to keep doing this and worry that it will affect the game long term.

I'm using Windows 7.

Forgot to mention I have installed the patch

Did you install the game via Steam?

This is a problem people are experiencing when they install the game through Steam and then manually downloaded/installed patch 1, when there was no need as Steam automatically updated the game to 10.1 by itself. The workaround here would be to right-click on FM 10 in your Steam's My Games tab, delete local content and then re-install.

If you have two drives on your computer, put the dvd in the other drive. No idea why but someone else who was having this problem did that and it worked.

If you don't, I would suggest putting another dvd in the drive, make sure the drive reads that, and then put the FM dvd back in.

I've seen this with other software

Try:

Open DVD drawer>remove FMdvd>close drawer>ioen drawer>insert dvd> close drawer

Completely drives me bonkers when I first start but quickly forgotten as the above procedure works for me

Archived