Small db

Due to the low specs of my laptop, I think I may have to be forced to play with a small database in this years FM. On the 'help' section of creating a new game it says that loading a small database shouldnt hinder any enjoyment which makes me positive that a small database wont be as bad as first thought. For anyone else who has played with a small database in FM 09, FM 10 or explored the vanilla demo a lot ( that also had a small db) can you tell me how it effected the whole gameplay expecially competition, transfers and players from other countries - as I will be loading all the leagues ine england with a small db.

Any input would be helpful - thanks.

It runs ALOT better. Before it was unplayable. I only have 1 star for the recomendation thing but hey its ok. Large has 3000 more players then med and med has 3000 more then small. I only running 2 leagues the other leagues dont worry me , db is more important then leagues im never going to manage in.

If there are players from a particular country you want to keep, you could use the custom database option when starting a new game, and add all players from that country.

When you change the amount of countries and leagues you run, and the size of the database, the game will always update the player count. The more players the longer the game will take to run.

What are you system specs, and what does FM tell you the recommended setup is?

If there are players from a particular country you want to keep, you could use the custom database option when starting a new game, and add all players from that country.

When you change the amount of countries and leagues you run, and the size of the database, the game will always update the player count. The more players the longer the game will take to run.

What are you system specs, and what does FM tell you the recommended setup is?

It reccommends me a small db with leagues loaded to league 2. I would be content with a medium database (like adam) down to the BSP - but it gives me half a star for that. With a small db down to the BSP, it gives me one star. So I'm not sure which one to plump for.

Right so I have loaded up the above ^ game and I am pleased to say that it is running much quicker than when I loaded well above the reccommended. But the only thing that I am a little worried about is how the lack of leagues will adversely effect:

1) competition from abroad

2 loaning out players as PL/Championship teams

3) the ease of L1 Teams buying players

4) Selling players to lower leagues/ abroad

Can someone tell me whether there will be large negative effects because of my game setup including the above points?

Archived