problems installing patch

hi guys i have downloaded the patch but it will not install itself. it want to open with a strange program and then asks which program i want to try to open the file with. wondering if anyone knows what i have to download to get it opening. i have recently changed over to win7 and might be missing a few files..

no i didnt use steam. i have deleted the file and started downloading from a different site. this one gives me the option to save the file or run it. the first file i downloaded did not give me the option to run the program, only to save it, so this might be ok. will check if it works and if not i will try your .exe suggestion. thanks arsenal 2111. good choice in team..

I have extracted the patch but when opening the game it states version 10.0 still? Not moved the location of the installation either? Confused!

You have to doubleclick the installer to run it.

1. download oatch

2. extract patch

3 run patch installer

4 PROFIT!

You have to doubleclick the installer to run it.

1. download oatch

2. extract patch

3 run patch installer

4 PROFIT!

Ive done all that. Three times too - still states 10.0.0 when starting a new game

And the odd thing is that there is clearly an update folder sat there within the game file too ?

All sorted - I had made a change to the database (only changing the name of Hulls ground) - I deleted this change and now the patch is there - that was really odd!

Archived