FM support with technologies like Quad/multi-cores, CUDA/PhysiX etc..?

I'm not sure is anyone asked this before but what are the plans for the support of those pretty useful technologies? Quad support should be useful for many of us (and the number is rising all the time). Also CUDA/PhysiX support could be nice so nVidia's graphic card could also improve game's perfomance. I know that FM is already runnig pretty smoothly but you can always think that the more performance you have the more leagues you can choose and that is not bad idea, isn't it?

Could be interesting to hear something from SI about those things, do you guys have any plans for these etc..

Multi-core support is in, I think it has been for a while.

PhysX wouldn't be any use but CUDA, and ATI's equivalent (Stream, I think, not to be confused with Steam), might be through OpenCL (not to be confused with OpenGL).

These use the power of the GPU for non-graphical things, so they could be quite useful. Your CPU normally has 1 - 4 cores, processors basically. Your GPU has hundreds of cores, but each one is much less powerful than the CPU's ones. This makes the GPU suitable for doing the same simple calculation a load of times - e.g. for displaying thousands or millions of pixels, as graphics cards do, but since DirectX 10, this power can be used for anything. I'd guess FM has many such cases where simple calculations are done many times, like updating thousands of players' stats based on training progress.

I don't know enough about General Purpose GPU programming but I think there's a lot of potential once SI can assume everyone has a suitable card - which is a few years away yet.

Give it 10 years and they might use such powerful specs, but the thing is fm has alyways been based more on game play than graphics.

Only technology for the graphics is PhysiX but multi-core processors and CUDA are for much more than just for graphics.

Archived