Welsh-English league rules

Does anyone know whether the rule linking the Welsh system with the English system has been implemented in FM10?

That is, if a Welsh team wins the Welsh Prem 5 years in a row, they get a playoff, or an option of a promotion to the English conference.

If this isn't included in a game, will the Editor allow for it?

Thanks

I've just read through the Welsh League Rules and Regulations and can find no mention of this ruling. I've not heard of it before and frankly it would be a silly rule if it did exist. Why five times in a row? If the Welsh club got a place in the English Conference it would upset the league structure i.e. one less team from the conference would be relegated that year, you also mention a play-off, but with who? They arent going to play-off against an English club for a place are they.

wrong, cardiff were invited to play in the english sytem in around 1920 i think, not too sure about swansea or wrexham but pretty sure they were invited aswell, as for the rule of winning the league 5 years in a row and a play off to the blue square im pretty sure is a load of rubbish.

Its always been there. I remember being in Wales at university and Barry Town lost out at the 5th attempt before going bankrupt! They'd built the club around that goal

someone has played an excellent joke on you, excellent due to its longevity and your never questioning of it.

Archived