SI Have Done A Great Job

I just wanted to thank SI for making the 2010 version of Football Manager so great. Even though Ive only played the demo, its not hard to see that a lot of effort has been put in to creating the new look and feel of the game. The 3d engine is superb in my opinion, it really makes you want to watch the games rather than skip them (which is what I did in 09). For me the big difference compared to previous games in the smoothness of the menu system, everything seems to work so well with improved loading times and the great backroom advice is an excellent addition.

I have pre-ordered my copy and I cant wait.

Thanks SI for this masterpiece.

I have to agree with the above, but my favorite part is the reworked tactics menu. Finally I feel like I have actual control over each player, and I can easily tailor my tactics when different players come in. Also, as mentioned before, this game is a lot faster. I think i've played 2010 more than I did 09, and I've only had it since friday afternoon. It looks like I'm finally saying goodbye to 08. Thanks alot SI

This new version is a huge improvement on the previous incarnation, faster,easier to play but still keeping the depth that we all love. It reminds me strangely of the old LMA series that used to run on the playstation. Though that game was'nt a patch on this I think SI have created a really fun interface easy to navigate and easy to get the best results without spending hours creating tatics via sliders etc.

Easily the best version yet, Ahh the wife will be so pleased...........

I dont understand the criticism to be honest, people will never be 100% happy with the game which is just sad. I couldnt believe the flack SI copped for FM09, I love that game with a passion, people should just be happy that the team at SI put so much effort into their game year in year out, and I can guarantee 100% that fans of the game would prefer to play a slightly buggy version of FM in favor of Championship Manager or Fifa Manager.

Slug whats wrong with the 3d engine? I find it to be very good compared to last year.

So i don't have to type all over again i copy and paste what was said before if u watch the match and will see what i/they mean.

I dint buy it last year, i was playing FML so i am just saying what i dislike and find it strange they allowed it to be there.

Edit:

i will still buy the game there's no doubt about that, just wished the animation was coded/tested better.

Originally Posted by Sad Git

*RANT* Why on Earth do the players take so long over fetching the ball at a set piece? I now dread seeing the ball go out for a throw in - one player will trudge slowly to the ball and then pick it up then trudge slowly towards the throw in taker and then throw it to him and miss, then the throw in taker will trudge slowly after the ball to bring it back for the throw in. What in God's name are they playing at? It takes forever - I reckon I must be spending most of my time watching arthritic players stumble around carrying the ball instead of the action. It is intolerable to watch - I can't believe fans at a real football match would let players get away with this. Surely it can't be only me who has noticed it? The match engine is fine when it finally gets going, but did someone really incorporate this feature and think "Yep, that looks great"? In the name of all the saints someone sort this for the final version. Just make the players walk at a normal speed and just KICK the ball to the setpiece position instead of carrying it most of the way then throwing it. I seriously don't think I could buy the game if this isn't fixed. *RANT*

Agree, corners are especially bad in this respect. Each one involves at least 30 seconds of watching the corner taker trudge to the flag from the opposite side of the field, then the ball gets passed 5 meters to his side, so he trudges to pick it up, trudges back, sets the bll down, thinks for a bit, takes a run up (another 30 seconds), and finally kicks it straight into the goalkeepers arms. Repeat several times per match and watching paint dry becomes an exciting pastime in comparison.
Originally Posted by Slug

I agree with both of you, i watch the matches and its pathetic the amount of time it takes cos of poor animation or whatever is called. plus on throw in it takes ages and if near the corner flag they send it out for a goal kick :rolleyes:, not even going to talk about when players start to run sideways :p

I Sure hope they will address this issues cos its spoiling the way i watch the match.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4037776&posted=1#post4037776

• 1 month later...

Archived