An end to the giveaway pauses?

I've noticed when playing the 2010 demo that some pauses that used to give away an event are no longer present. For instance an offside goal would always have a delay before "goal" flashed up in the commentary bar and when watching a cup draw there would always be a pause before the team you were managing were drawn.

Well.. no longer. Now we are once again subject to SI's cruel sense of humour. Now, when watching a match, we won't know whether a goal will be counted as offside until we're in the middle of our celebrations. We won't know that we've draw Man U in the cup until it's on the screen. I really worry for my health in my FM 2010 seasons. At least before there was some indicator that these events were going to happen. As if managing a team weren't stressful enough!

Seriously though, the game looks fantastic! Great job SI.

Oh, that's good - I used to hate the giveaway of an offside goal or the cup draw. Although it did save me a lot of emotion when I was scored against, because I knew it was going to be disallowed!

Yes, exactly! There is the flip side, though. A goal scored against your team can be disallowed without your prior knowledge. I imagine that one will be a welcome surprise in a match.

There's no doubt that this change can only have my blood pressure rising in close games.

I've noticed when playing the 2010 demo that some pauses that used to give away an event are no longer present. For instance an offside goal would always have a delay before "goal" flashed up in the commentary bar and when watching a cup draw there would always be a pause before the team you were managing were drawn.

Well.. no longer. Now we are once again subject to SI's cruel sense of humour. Now, when watching a match, we won't know whether a goal will be counted as offside until we're in the middle of our celebrations. We won't know that we've draw Man U in the cup until it's on the screen. I really worry for my health in my FM 2010 seasons. At least before there was some indicator that these events were going to happen. As if managing a team weren't stressful enough!

Seriously though, the game looks fantastic! Great job SI.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the pauses with offside goals are definitely present in my FM 2010 demo. The pauses in the cup draw are gone, however.

For offsides, the linesman stays level with the incident and the ref moves to the corner of the penalty area. That's happened on as many versions of FM as I can remember and still serves as a giveaway now. I just see it as the equivalent of seeing the flag raised when you watch a real game.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the pauses with offside goals are definitely present in my FM 2010 demo. The pauses in the cup draw are gone, however.

Hmm. I'm running quite a powerful computer so perhaps combined with the performance improvements on FM10 the disallowed goal pauses no longer happen for me.

For offsides, the linesman stays level with the incident and the ref moves to the corner of the penalty area. That's happened on as many versions of FM as I can remember and still serves as a giveaway now. I just see it as the equivalent of seeing the flag raised when you watch a real game.

Not quite sure why I'm defending my stance when I wasn't too serious about it to begin with but... here I go! Like in the real game you get those few seconds of lift/deflation when the net ripples before you realise the goal is not counted. The emotional rollercoaster is back because I'm finding that now you see goal and assume one has been scored until you then notice the linesman. In FM09 you noticed the pause before the goal and were never under such an illusion. Even if the illusion lasts for just a few seconds it's enough to get you swearing about your useless stricker for moving too early or praising the FM gods for a lucky break.

Thats the first thing i look for after a goal is scored - both in-game and in real life matches i go to!

Obviously, IRL i look for the linesmans flag lol.

Hmm. I'm running quite a powerful computer so perhaps combined with the performance improvements on FM10 the disallowed goal pauses no longer happen for me.
Could be, although I doubt it. The demo runs like a dream on my computer.

The pause isn't quite as noticeable as on FM09, though. Sometimes I have missed it and thought to myself "wtf, was that not offside".

Archived