Global Ban.

Right, im not some person who has no idea what a Global Ban is, or why it is given. What i am confused with though is threengs;

1. Why has a player that has not played, before joining me, got one? (and hasnt played for me at all thanks to this)

2. how can you find out why he was given it?

and finally,

3. why when his global ban was set to expire - this month - did it add an extra year to itself.

Overall this is a very annoying situation, as you can probably tell, especially seeing as this player is young with bags full of talent for my level, and is not being allowed to play.

Any help is grateful as i want to see this problem resolved. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Right, im not some person who has no idea what a Global Ban is, or why it is given. What i am confused with though is threengs;

1. Why has a player that has not played, before joining me, got one? (and hasnt played for me at all thanks to this)

2. how can you find out why he was given it?

and finally,

3. why when his global ban was set to expire - this month - did it add an extra year to itself.

Overall this is a very annoying situation, as you can probably tell, especially seeing as this player is young with bags full of talent for my level, and is not being allowed to play.

Any help is grateful as i want to see this problem resolved. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. Why has a player that has not played, before joining me, got one? (and hasnt played for me at all thanks to this) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's the player? There's a famous one on here that was discussed when the game first came out but can't remember his name. An Italian 31/32 year old was banned for a year because of drug taking and sacked by his club. If it's him his playing career should still show up, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 2. how can you find out why he was given it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try Google. Or Wikipedia. SI can't always say due to legal implications if he appeals or something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 3. why when his global ban was set to expire - this month - did it add an extra year to itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possible bug. Are you on 8.0.2? I know there was a problem with bans before this patch, although I thought it was limited to internationals. If you are on 802, try uploading a game to the bugs forum for them to look at.

Sorry I can't be more help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

1) He slept with Sepp Blatters wife.

3) Twice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Like it...

Blackpackant thanks i will... he's not italian. And i am patched up... wierd really.

Thanks anyway! icon14.gif

Who's the player? There's a famous one on here that was discussed when the game first came out but can't remember his name. An Italian 31/32 year old was banned for a year because of drug taking and sacked by his club. If it's him his playing career should still show up, though.

The player your thinking of is francesco flachi used to play for sampdoria has a global ban until 30.6.08

Where id the player from and what age is he?

Non EU Playerrs are not allowed to play in Europe until they are at least 18 years old. Start a new game and check out Pato at Milan and Fabio at Man Utd, they are "banned" but it is because they are underage. It's coded properly but not worded properly.

Well, there are many reasons for which he could have a ban. Violent conduct, drug use, not showing up for a doping test, you name it. But I've never seen a global ban being issued after the game starts, and I don't think it's possible because of legal issues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rowan_cfc:

I signed a Northern Irish player on my game then found out he had a global ban. A quick google search revealed that he was serving a two year prison sentence for holding up his local pizza place! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously, i'm Northern Irish and I can't help but feel ashamed by that.

Archived