Another demo install problem thread... bit of help please... anyone..... Bueller.....

Apologies for creating a new topic on the subject but i can't find any solutions in the threads already there.

Anyway, downloaded the torrent of the strawberry demo, it's downloaded fine as far as i can tell, file size is .99gb as it should be but when I either double click to run the installer or right click and try to run as administrator it just freezes my whole system up and I have to do a hard reboot by turning the laptop off, can't even open task manager to end the process or access the start menu to restart. i've got the latest java and direct x updates installed and i'm running vista 64bit.

Has anyone had this issue and how did you sort it bar deleting the downloaded file and downloading it again? I'd prefer to avoid that option if I can as it took the guts of 2 hours to download the demo as the speeds were rubbish!

I've got a similar problem, i've downloaded the demo the strawberry one, but it's opening up with VLC Media Player, what program do i need to open the demo with? Can anyone help me?

at least you can get that far! the installer or choose a program to open it with doesn't even pop up for me, just freezes the whole thing!

:(:D

you tried updating the java client?

• Administrators
I've got a similar problem, i've downloaded the demo the strawberry one, but it's opening up with VLC Media Player, what program do i need to open the demo with? Can anyone help me?

Rename the file with '.exe' at the end and try and run it. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Yeah unfortunately the best thing I can do is delete what you've got and try and download from a different source. Let me know how you guys get on. Thanks.

tried a few different sources but the speeds are atrocious, the best i got was 20kbps which would have taken days for a gig so went back to the torrent download which is better but still not great. i'll see how i get on and reply again if the same thing happens again. cheers anyway Neil.

Same problem, 2 different sites and neither will do anything.

Any ideas?

seemed to have gotten mine working after downloading it again from the torrent file, it's installing now. I had the same initial problem after downloading it where it completlely froze my system after trying to run the installer so i again had to do a hard reboot, I went into the properties of the demo and changed the compatibility to xp service pack 2 and ticked run as administrator as soon as it had finished downloading.

So I rebooted the laptop, went into my downloads folder where the file is and double clicked again and it started to freeze again but for once I managed to get task manager open before it completely froze up my system and ended the task on the folder even though it said running. After a while of having the rotating blue circle of doom (original copyright of the mac rotating rainbow umbrella of doom) the permission screen came up and I allowed it, another minute or two later the installer started to boot up.

Whether that helps or not I don't know but it barely seemed to work for me by fluking it it seems!

edit:

and it froze as soon as i went into player search!

:rolleyes::D

Archived