FM10 demo installed, click to open but does nothing

The game demo is fully installed but when on steam i double click to start the game and then it comes up with a box saying "preparing to launch football manager demo" and it then does nothing.

Please not i have no issues loading any other steam-based game.

I would like to point out i have only ever had issues since football manager was brought out on steam. I had issues with 09 last year both with the real and demo games.

It appears FM 2008 and CM 01/02 have been the best issues, i was hoping 2010 would be as good, but its not been a good start.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Try launching through fm.exe in the Football Manager 2010 Demo directory. I'm not sure where Steam downloads it too but if you search for fm.exe you should find it.

thanks for that :-) progress has been made! however i face yet another problem...

an error message came up with the following "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

now im no genius... but something tells me its to do with direct x

it is now working :-) thank you to everyone who helped.

Although when i installed directx updates i got a message saying "this game is currently not availiable", just click the game again and it will load.

Is it possible to lock this thread before it becomes unnecessarily large as i think it may be beneficial to others

Archived