Chelsea forbidden to buy players till 2011 in FM2010?

Yes. This has been mentioned a few times. They will release a patch I believe if Chelsea win their appeal

It won't be on the disk because FIFA haven't confirmed it pre-appeal.

Of course, a patch won't be released just for Chelsea; if a patch is required at all (!!!) for other issues and the appeal is denied (not won), it will be added to the patch, I presume.

It is on the disk. SI confirmed in a podcast the other week that Chelsea can't make transfers in the Jan 2010 and Summer 2010 transfer windows in the game. However, there is a way of removing the ban if anyone wishes to do so.

They also said the ban will be removed in a later patch if Chelsea win their appeal.

It won't be on the disk because FIFA haven't confirmed it pre-appeal.

Of course, a patch won't be released just for Chelsea; if a patch is required at all (!!!) for other issues and the appeal is denied (not won), it will be added to the patch, I presume.

As discussed in the podcast, there's not really a way to 100% accurately simulate the impact of the transfer ban. IRL the ban came after the summer transfer window had closed, but in the game Cheslea managers will start the summer transfer season already knowing that the ban is coming. So this gives you a chance to perhaps invest more heavily in the transfer market than Chelsea actually did in order to compensate for not being able to transfer in the next windows.

Archived