FM09 Gameing experiance V's FM10...?

I feel that compared to previous versions of FM that i was tactically inept at times on 09, for many reason's which im not toally sure as to why i havnt completed or played 09 as much as previous versions or so it feels.. I do however think the new 3d graphics added alot of pleasure with in the game but felt i could never totally understand what tactics i needed to be supreme..

I will be buying FM10 thats for sure, comparing the two games, is FM10 going to be easier to understand and more playable for most of us that never masterd the tactics or old ME..?

Based on my experience with FML's tactics wizards and shouts, the answer is "yes". However, you'll still have to think about it - how do you want your team to play? how are your players capable of playing? What compromises should you make to get the best out of your team till you bring the players you want? etc etc

I can't wait for the deluge of threads from people claiming the wizard doesn't work because they keep losing matches.

Based on my experience with FML's tactics wizards and shouts, the answer is "yes". However, you'll still have to think about it - how do you want your team to play? how are your players capable of playing? What compromises should you make to get the best out of your team till you bring the players you want? etc etc

I can't wait for the deluge of threads from people claiming the wizard doesn't work because they keep losing matches.

i would still like some level of difficulty and not to think 11 good players and 1 attacking tactic would win me the league with out any alteration or bumps along the way, after all FM is a strategic game in form of resemblance to Real life football..

if for any reason people find the game difficult will there be answers as to bad results that are easily obtainable? i found it very difficult to understand what was flawed in my tactic so wasnt 100% certain on what was needed to put things right..

the best tactic i had most success with was a 4-4-2 i moulded on the frame work that Wenger would use at Arsenal.

I've been playing FM/CM since day 1 and I dread to think how many hours I have given to try and get to the point where I have got the tactics on FM09 worked out.

Still this very day, I am playing around with new theories. I'm not one for copying other tactics, but take my hats off to those that manage to come up with the masterful tactic that works for them.

I can't wait to get to get my hands on the FM10 purely for the tactics wizard. I'm sure it'll still provide a massive challange, but from what I read and hear about it, it sounds like it'll bring a bit of extra fun and realism to the game.

24 days to go......

One thing that always surprises me is how many people think 'real life' coaches do not "pine" for hours over their tactics. I am only a high school soccer coach and I have only coached for six seasons. However, I can tell you that I am constantly having to adjust my tactics to my personnel, the referees, the opposition and then to my own whimsical desires as to the style of play I prefer. When I was younger, I favored five defenders with the wing backs carrying the play upfield. I found that my men got too tired and were not productive at the end of a game. I then switched to the diamond and stayed with that for a while, but found that it required great discipline to maintain positional shape. Now, I employ a variation of the 3-4-3. Is it working? The jury is still out. As to the level of success I have achieved, I have coached great teams and awful teams. That had more to do with personnel than tactics...

Archived