Starting a new game: Pre-game editor question

I want to start a new game of FM09 tonight as Palace. However, there are a couple of players I want to be able to sell who had just joined IRL at the time of FM09, so just offering them to clubs, even for free, does not work because it says there is no interest in them because they just joined. What do I need to change in the editor to stop this?

Also, I do not want promotion to be an expectation for a poor club with poor players. What can I change in the editor to make a top half finish an OK result?

Thanks much.

I don't know how to edit the first question, but in the second question I can. You search for the club you want to edit in the search-field on the left. Then you find the correct Crystal Palace (I take it that its them you mean) and double-click it. Then you should find a line called 'Club reputation'.

Reduce that reputation with 1000 or 2000. I don't know their starting rep, but 2000 less in reputation should make the board give you lower goals for the season :thup:.

I want to start a new game of FM09 tonight as Palace. However, there are a couple of players I want to be able to sell who had just joined IRL at the time of FM09, so just offering them to clubs, even for free, does not work because it says there is no interest in them because they just joined. What do I need to change in the editor to stop this?

I think it should be possible to use the editor to create a future transfer that takes place a couple of days after you join.

Archived