making small nations strong?

I've heard of people doing this before but i've always wondered how you can do it..... if i take over a smallish national team (canada, australia, wales etc) and they get good results in competitions and their reputation rises, will this lead to better regens being produced? What can i do to help influcence the quality of regens within any particular country?

any opinions would be much appreciated.

dont shoot me down for this, but when i was younger i used to use malaysia and i won several major competions (e.g world cup, asia cup..)

the thing was i used to do alot of friendly matches with big countries like brazil, eng, spain and use to cheat so i could give them a thrashing like 20-0 icon_razz.gif

and after a year i started getting these freakishly good youngsters.

never wanna do that again though. beats the purpose of a challenge icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

It's mainly to do with reputation and competition success. I took Northern Ireland to two Euros and two World Cups and the qaulity of youth players coming through definately improved.

Did you find your odds for matches stayed as if you were still awful?

There are a couple good FMS stories on this concept, the basic idea being to get a club affiliated with that country playing in a playable league: (e.g., a Faroe Islands club joins the Scottish Third Division or something) .. and then use the club to train players on full-time schedules .. the club should also start getting better regens as its reputation improves, and eventually .. icon_wink.gif

.. San Marino are perfect for this, btw, as there's a San Marino club team already in the Italian league system.

Archived