Help: Transfer Market

Now, I'm never one who complains about the game and I'm not doing so now but the transfer market is one of the weirdest things on FM08 and I need a bit of help on it.

First, is how to sell my players for reasonable prices. I started a new game and I have yet to sell a player for at least 5 million. For example, I'm trying to sell Brocchi. 31 clubs are interested in buying him, but they make miserable bids. He's worth 1.3 million and when I negotiate with them, offering 500,000 plus clauses, to at least 2 million, they'd reject it. And this happens to other of my players.

So. how do I sell my players for reasonable prices? Or should I just accept whatever they offer?

Also, buying players. WHat the heck is up with it. I can't seem to buy players for reasonable prices as well. Lazio want 43.5 million for Lorenzo De Silvestri? How the heck am I supposed to get players and with Milan starting with a transfer budget of just 12.5 million (I think).

So, help, advice or tips on that will also be grateful.

Thanks

Now, I'm never one who complains about the game and I'm not doing so now but the transfer market is one of the weirdest things on FM08 and I need a bit of help on it.

First, is how to sell my players for reasonable prices. I started a new game and I have yet to sell a player for at least 5 million. For example, I'm trying to sell Brocchi. 31 clubs are interested in buying him, but they make miserable bids. He's worth 1.3 million and when I negotiate with them, offering 500,000 plus clauses, to at least 2 million, they'd reject it. And this happens to other of my players.

So. how do I sell my players for reasonable prices? Or should I just accept whatever they offer?

Also, buying players. WHat the heck is up with it. I can't seem to buy players for reasonable prices as well. Lazio want 43.5 million for Lorenzo De Silvestri? How the heck am I supposed to get players and with Milan starting with a transfer budget of just 12.5 million (I think).

So, help, advice or tips on that will also be grateful.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Also, buying players. WHat the heck is up with it. I can't seem to buy players for reasonable prices as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Transfer market on 08 is shocking. Like really bad. Buy young and nuture is the only way to succeed without spending shed loads.

Selling is easier when you offer out players over 24 months but you will most likely find that you will only get bids for your starters.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Selling is easier when you offer out players over 24 months </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mind explaining that a bit thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikele:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Selling is easier when you offer out players over 24 months </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mind explaining that a bit thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He means to ask for more but to offer the fee in installments - check the section below the initial transfer fee (transfer clauses I think)

Additional fees even (I should have looked first time and not guessed).

If you click 'add' in this section you can offer the fee that you want over a period ranging from 12 months to 24 months. You will likely get more money this way.

Another good tip is to try and get a good sell on clause for your players (mainly young players) so that you cash in when they are sold on later in their career.

Don't be too ambitious. The estimated value is there for a reason. Asking for way over that value is going to put teams off as much as it puts you off when you get asked for a cost way over. The transfer market does seem a little hard to negotiate your way around in FM09 though. Not sure why that is.

Archived