In FM2010, touch line "shouts" should include....

t-man

Hi all,

As many of you would agree, the new touchline command function via the TV view in FM '10 is a brilliant idea but I think its still lacking than important element which is the touching rollocking of a player who is under performing or not following your instruction; or better still, no concerntratinng (basically Capello style).

I believe the pre, post and half time team talks can be further extended to give managers the ability to praise a player or criticise the midflied quatet for not concentrating and letting themselves to be over run by what you believe is a weaker team!

What do you all think? Or is this already a feature in FM '10 that I've missed :rolleyes::)

I think this type of improvement in the game is coming along slowly but surely.

To be honest I wouldn't really want loads of new improvements in this area as it can further complicate the game and the match engine.

I hope SI continue to add little tweaks here and there but are cautious about any radical changes.

It's not a radical change but it will increase the realism with more interactivity according to the word of the coach. As everybody, it's really important for a match that the coach speak to the players in order to change radically sometime the result of the match.This type of change can be expected in small changes year by year without exluding big changes of course.

True, but my point isn't about the idea, it's about how well it could be implemented. Basically you're asking for mini team talks, throughout the game and team talks are one of the most controversial additions in recent years and much blame has been laid at their door for drop in form, loss of matches etc.

E.g. 1-0 up, pick the wrong half time team talk and you could lose 5-1 :D

If we add mini team talks as shouts, albeit a nice idea, I don't see them having any less impact and being any less controversial.

It's a good idea, and when team talks are perfected, it should be introduced, but not until then.

I think it would be great if FM11 would have 'shouts' such as 'Calm down!' to Rooney, or 'Get your finger out!' to a lumbering Viduka, or 'Don't worry about it' to a young novice defender who just made a mistake. Such interventions should have some effect on morale and motivation in-game.

I think it would be a good addition. I must say I do agree that sometimes the team talk screens can be very boring and repetitive but, communication is a major part of football. If the game were to cut all that out, then it wont be realistic. Plus there are situations were a coach can use the wrong language or motivation technique and you end up loosing a game by a wider margin (famous example is Umbrella man when England lost to Croatia in the Euro qualifiers) but thats just realism....it can happen.:thup:

I think this is an excellent idea, but there is an inherent problem with the team talk system that might carry over to this.

Basically we're supposed to choose one of five vague sentences based on coach reports, that don't have a lot to say, and a one or two word description. Even then, each description has a number of hidden characteristics that govern how the player acts according to a programmer. I say according to a programmer because we're not entirely sure what they do. We use the real world as an example when in fact it can be a lot less complicated or even more complicated and/or a little off. SI aren't really very forthcoming when it comes to this sort of thing when they really should be. Oh and if that wasn't enough they range from 1 to 20. IRL managers get to see and talk to their squad on a daily basis, it helps them figure out what each player responds to. We don't so we need all the help we can get.

There are two solutions for this.

1- SI need to provide more information on this game. We shouldn't have to experiment and theorize on anything other than tactics.

2- Player feedback should be a little bit more in depth. Coaches should provide information about ALL the hidden attributes. For example, Ben Ben is not-model (4 levels, 1 for every 5 attribute points or even 4 attribute points 1-4 5-8 9-12 13-16 17-20) professional.

Good new is 2 might already be in the works with that coach advice thing they're adding in FM10.

I really hope they add this at some point though!

For 2) - Do you mean Player X's personality should be "very ambitious, very disloyal, struggles to adapt, very unprofessional, very unsporting, very temperamental, very controversial and spineless" instead of just "very ambitious"?

For 2) - Do you mean Player X's personality should be "very ambitious, very disloyal, struggles to adapt, very unprofessional, very unsporting, very temperamental, very controversial and spineless" instead of just "very ambitious"?

Not exactly. It should be listed under personality in the coaches' reports in a more eloquent manner. The better the coaches the more accurate (i.e. every 4 attribute points instead of 7).

At the very least they can add a few of the important ones like professionalism and definitely free role.

Things like adaptability could be left out because it's the sort of thing you don't know until it's put to the test.

I think this is an excellent idea, but there is an inherent problem with the team talk system that might carry over to this.

I concur, and certainly agree with both your points regarding SI needing to provide more information and the game more feedback around teamtalks.

Archived