Shifting players through squads

Enj

If you were to keep changing a player from, say, reserves to first team and back again, would this affect him in any way morale-wise, or in any other way in terms of development?

Or, if you want to do this, is it just a better idea to mark a first team player down as available for the reserve team?

Thanks

Moving a players from one squad to another isn't necessarily a problem, but changing his squad status often is. If you downgrade him he may get very upset. Often relegating a first-teamer to the reserves even without changing his status affects his morale, so you need to proceed with caution. The decisive factor is his hidden personality attributes, so you need to check the coaches' advice before or after making such changes.

If I'm just giving a regular first teamer a reserve game or two to get him up to fitness, I use "make available for..."

If I'm relegating a player to the reserves because I'm unhappy with his last performance(s) then I actually move him to the reserves (and in severe cases change their squad status too, and in very severe cases I transfer list them).

Not sure if it makes any difference on the player which one you choose to use, but it helps me to "role-play" the mentality that I have a manager's job, rather than thinking I'm just playing a computer game. :D

Probably a stupid question, but where do you find the "make available for reserve matches" button? Maybe it is not possible with my Belgian team because they only have a "u-21" and "u-19".

I often relegate first team players to the -21 team (3 older players allowed in matches) to regain fitness after injuries. Never had problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Probably a stupid question, but where do you find the "make available for reserve matches" button? Maybe it is not possible with my Belgian team because they only have a "u-21" and "u-19".

I often relegate first team players to the -21 team (3 older players allowed in matches) to regain fitness after injuries. Never had problems.

It's different with international teams.

Archived