FM2009 - 3D Questions

Whilst a lot of people are looking forward to FM2010 I'v only just got round to buying FM2009! Said I wouldn't get it but when I accidently deleted my FM2008 save I figured why not? and purchased it off Steam.

I would imagine that nearly every question or request has been answered a million times but if people could give me some info it would be much appreciated.

In my game whenever I select 2D Classic (same view as previous FM's), it's kinda jittery. When players swivel it's smooth but otherwise it's slightly jittery.

However, if I load up the same top down view but in 3D Mode, it's as smooth as can be and probably smoother than '08 - However, the graphics don't look all that hot if truth be told.

My first question really is....what gives? Is it because my graphics card is handling the 3D but my normal memory (1GB) is handling 2D? Would it help the match engine by having less leagues, smaller database etc.? (Speed in processing is fine)

Also, I foresee I'll watch a fair few games with top down 3D view (round circles) but why are the pitch graphics different to the 2D CLassic? Just played a pre-season friendly and the 2D Classic shows a nice lush green surface but the 3D one has a brown pitch :/

Does it sort itself out as the game goes on and are the graphics any good on other pitches?

If people could satisfy my curiosity it would be most helpful :)

Have you disabled the 3D camera? If not, goto Preferences-->Display and Sound and untick the box labelled 'Enable 3D Match Cameras'. I haven't seen this as a solution but it could help.

Also, have you applied any patches?

Archived