Clause Question - Rooney return to Everton

I'm playing as the amazing Everton at the moment and it seems there is an opportunity to re-sign Rooney from Man Utd. Everton have a clause so that 25% of the transfer fee will go to Everton. Will this still be enforced if I buy him with Everton, therefore getting 25% off the player? If so will the AI take this into account when I sign him? Possibly by asking for 25% more than they would normally except to recieve for the player?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Yes you will get it and no they don't seem to take it into account.

In July 2027 in my game I needed a replacement Centre Back and the best available was a previous youth prospect of mine sold with a 25% sell-on clause, when I paid 6.5 mil for him I got some of the money back because of the sell-on clause. :)

In July 2027 in my game I needed a replacement Centre Back and the best available was a previous youth prospect of mine sold with a 25% sell-on clause, when I paid 6.5 mil for him I got some of the money back because of the sell-on clause. :)

Thanks. I'll go for the bid in the next window.

Well another way to trick the AI I see here :D

If you wanna play that dirty...

Sell a player with 50% sell on clause.

also add a buy back price...

buy him in a few years time when he's more developed and worth alot more for the

original price..

Not only do you get him for well below value, you also get a 50% cash back (via redemption probably).

That right there... that is dirty.

If you wanna play that dirty...

Sell a player with 50% sell on clause.

also add a buy back price...

buy him in a few years time when he's more developed and worth alot more for the

original price..

Not only do you get him for well below value, you also get a 50% cash back (via redemption probably).

That right there... that is dirty.

Yes it is ..........

but teams don't really accept 50% sell on clause not to mention a buy back price

but anybody manages to do this post it would be very interesting

I'll try it... I'm just heading into June, I have a few players who want to move on:P

I haven't actually tried it before... I have read about it but yeah thats all...

Word of Mouth

EDIT: ok done...

I took a player worth £3.3Mil offered him out for £1Mil + the clauses above.

5 clubs accepted... They may all be Mexican clubs, but they accepted.

So I'll try and re-purchase in January, He'll be a handy little back-up player.

Cue Screenie...

2qibjb9.jpg

Archived