Help please!!! :(

ive recently sent my laptop for repair and have just got it back, and have tried to re-install FM 09 as hard drive was wiped, but i am not being allowed to do this, when i install it says that it has installed but with errors, and that i should see the installation log for details, only problem is i cannot locate the installation log and dont understand why it wont just install, i have tried to uninstall and re-install but this does not work, your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

ive recently sent my laptop for repair and have just got it back, and have tried to re-install FM 09 as hard drive was wiped, but i am not being allowed to do this, when i install it says that it has installed but with errors, and that i should see the installation log for details, only problem is i cannot locate the installation log and dont understand why it wont just install, i have tried to uninstall and re-install but this does not work, your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

When it says that it sometimes just means that it failed to create a shortcut on your desktop automatically. Have you tried running the game?

dont worry its done, and im so happy, thanks for your help guys

What was the problem and how exactly did you fix it? Giving this information might be useful to others who are experiencing the same issues.

Hey guys,

I have a slightly different problem trying to run FM09. Everything was fine until last week I couldn't open the program and it keeps generating error reports i.e. 'fm.exe encountered a problem, do you wish to send error reports or not'.

I did full uninstall then re-install back in, but till now no luck.

Please help

Cheers

• Administrators
Hey guys,

I have a slightly different problem trying to run FM09. Everything was fine until last week I couldn't open the program and it keeps generating error reports i.e. 'fm.exe encountered a problem, do you wish to send error reports or not'.

I did full uninstall then re-install back in, but till now no luck.

Please help

Cheers

Uninstall then delete the following. Once this is done, re-install, patch up if you need to and run the game. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Archived