Can Any1 Help?

Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place etc but i would dearly appreciate any help or advice.

I play alot of fm09 on my laptop which is a hp g7000, and the game is beginning to run really slow that its making me not even want to play anymore even though i love the game. I dont know alot about computers, is there any way to speed to things up? or is my laptop just not good enough? I am not in the position to buy another laptop just yet so i am also concerned that fm10 wont work very well either.

Thanks guys, any help would be great

Right click on My Computer and from the menu, select Properties. Post what you see on the 2nd half of the new window.

Or;

Press Start, Run.., type "dxdiag" and you can find the same information on the 1st tab that shows up.

As for the graphics component, click on the 2nd tab from the left that says "Display" and post the name of the device.

I find the same kind of, basically the match engine goes so laggy it's unwatchable.

2.1 GHz

4 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G graphics card.

Is that a dual core processor? If so, you should be fine. The graphics component also seems fine.

Is it just the match view that's laggy?

System:

Manufacturer: hewlett packard

model: Hp G7000 Notebook Pc

rating: 3.1

Processor: intel®pentium®Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 Ghz 1.47Ghz

Memory: (RAM) 2.00 GB

System Type: 32 bit Operating System

Device: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

approx total memory: 358mb

thanks arkim,

System:

Manufacturer: hewlett packard

model: Hp G7000 Notebook Pc

rating: 3.1

Processor: intel®pentium®Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 Ghz 1.47Ghz

Memory: (RAM) 2.00 GB

System Type: 32 bit Operating System

Device: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

approx total memory: 358mb

thanks arkim,

Your processor and RAM are sufficient enough and even though your graphics component isn't on the highest end, you should still be playing at a decent speed, depending on several factors such as how many leagues you have loaded, how far are you into your save and what level of graphics you play FM 09 on. You can adjust the level of graphics in the Preferences screen.

What exactly is the problem in terms of slowness? Is it the game in general, or during processing or what?

when i first brought the game, it was fine, very playable, decent speeds etc. But now, i dont know whether its because of the patches or my computer, the whole game is slow, matches takes ages, the commentary is very slow, processing is slow, all of it really. only looking through squads and buying players is quite fast. im only a couple seasons in, but i started a new one to see if the problem continues, and still very slow. is there anything you reccomend i do to speed it up? or buy?

Generally it's during a match the whole match lags, then the game continues to lag.

Sounds like a graphics issue. Have you tried lowering the graphics/detail quality in the Preferences screen? If not, try doing so and you might see a difference.

when i first brought the game, it was fine, very playable, decent speeds etc. But now, i dont know whether its because of the patches or my computer, the whole game is slow, matches takes ages, the commentary is very slow, processing is slow, all of it really. only looking through squads and buying players is quite fast. im only a couple seasons in, but i started a new one to see if the problem continues, and still very slow. is there anything you reccomend i do to speed it up? or buy?

The patches wouldn't have that significant of an effect. It sounds like your computer just might be needing a clean up (check for spyware, adware, malware, etc) and possibly a defragmentation. You have to be careful of how you treat your computer as unnecessary installing of random applications, computer junk (ie. spyware) can definitely slow down performance.

okay thanks ill do that, do you think its worth uninstalling everything i dont use on my laptop? i have many icons on desktop and dont know what half of them are. also do you think this laptop will support fm10 well?

Definitely go through your system and see what you really need to have, what configurations you're using and go from there. On that some token however if you are unsure about something, don't go crazy and remove things you shouldn't. Run Disk Defragmenter and see if the analysis says you need to defrag or not.

Generally speaking, hardware wise, your laptop should run FM 10 and even though the specs might not be out, I can presume that they will be similar to last years version which has been the case as each year passes by. Performance will be on par with the set up of the game, however. Ex. number of leagues, detail of leagues/competitions, quality/detail of graphics, etc.

Have a look at virus protection for instance. It ususally takes up a lot of RAM. As long as you are not online when playing, no harm should be caused by not running it in the background.

Now that you mention it, check to see what processes are running in the background while FM is playing. You might find things you don't need or want running and taking up quite a bit of resources.

Your processor and RAM are sufficient enough and even though your graphics component isn't on the highest end, you should still be playing at a decent speed, depending on several factors such as how many leagues you have loaded, how far are you into your save and what level of graphics you play FM 09 on. You can adjust the level of graphics in the Preferences screen.

What exactly is the problem in terms of slowness? Is it the game in general, or during processing or what?

Now that you mention it, check to see what processes are running in the background while FM is playing. You might find things you don't need or want running and taking up quite a bit of resources.

okay thanks, im going to delete a number of things, if i get rid of music would that help speed things up? i do have windows live one care always running. once done i will try the game again, thanks

Download and run Game Booster, this program will stop anything that doesn't need to be running in the background and make your game run a lot faster.

Also right-click on the taskbar and select 'Task Manager' once this is loaded up and FM is running, in the process tab find 'FM.exe' on priority set it to 'High', this will make most of the processing power go to running FM.

okay thanks, im going to delete a number of things, if i get rid of music would that help speed things up? i do have windows live one care always running. once done i will try the game again, thanks

No, deleting music won't help. When I said remove certain things I meant services or processes that take up resources (again refering to the task manager) which could potentially be a part of the problem. Deleting things such as pictures, movies, music, etc won't do anything. You can safely ignore those.

arkim, iv done everything you said and seems a bit quicker, i have gamebooster working to, when playing fm i have clicked task manager and processes, and there are many things running such as google toolbar, game overlay, about 25 things, should i close them all and just have fm running?

arkim, iv done everything you said and seems a bit quicker, i have gamebooster working to, when playing fm i have clicked task manager and processes, and there are many things running such as google toolbar, game overlay, about 25 things, should i close them all and just have fm running?

Be very careful about what tasks you end from that list. Some processes are essential for your system and ending the wrong task can result in a crash. Processes such as google toolbar you can remove.

I don't know much about that, I took it to a laptop store and had it cleaned there. It's not really recommended to take it apart unless you know what you're doing. I heard you can blow some of the dust out with a can of compressed air, but that might be more of a preventive thing.

No, deleting music won't help. When I said remove certain things I meant services or processes that take up resources (again refering to the task manager) which could potentially be a part of the problem. Deleting things such as pictures, movies, music, etc won't do anything. You can safely ignore those.

I disagree.

Any additional application you have running while playing FM will take resources away from FM and thus slow down the game.

Of course, you don't need to remove anything from your hard drive, unless you are really short of space left what, in connection with the use of virtual memory, would also cause your computer to be slow (but that woul affect any application, not just FM).

I disagree.

Any additional application you have running while playing FM will take resources away from FM and thus slow down the game.

Of course, you don't need to remove anything from your hard drive, unless you are really short of space left what, in connection with the use of virtual memory, would also cause your computer to be slow (but that woul affect any application, not just FM).

I think you misread my post.

Archived