Questions Concerning Long-Term Game Stability

Essentially, I'm curious about the signs of an unrealistic game world.

My recommended set-up consisted of twelve leagues so I chose the following:

ENG -- League 2 and Above

FRA -- Ligue One

ITA -- Serie A

SPA -- LIGA BBVA

GER -- First Division

MEX -- First Division

ARG -- Premier Division

BRA -- First Division

I plan on going on holiday until 2015 or so and looking at the state of the game. FM 09 is my first Football Manager game and I'd like to know what I should look for to know if my game world has achieved some degree of realism in its development.

Also, it would be nice to get some feedback into my choice of leagues. If given twelve leagues to set as Playable, how would you choose to allow for a realistic game world by 2015? (Or if I should accept the extra wait time and add in more leagues.)

Thank you for your time.

Guest aaron70

Many of us in out little community I belong to have played between 10 to 50 seasons regualrly. FM09 is excellent at staying stable and generating new players. There is definite trends in the power base. The big 4 tends to change after about 15 seasons in England which some people have complained about.

The important thing though is that the game is just as enjoyable in 2032 as it is from the start date.:thup:

Many people in these forums have played long career games, and everyone has a different outcome. 7 years isn't that long so I doubt there will be too many changes, although you might find that one of the big four is finishing mid-table and one of the current chasing pack has won the league (probably Man City with their money).

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Good things to know.

But more specifically, does that mean that countries like Turkey and Senegal whose domestic clubs are full of greyed out players will still get regens? (When the international stars retire?)

@eaglealan64: Do you happen to remember the thread title of some of those experiments so that I can search for it?

Archived