FM09 - review for casual gamer

Dear all,

Had FM08 and got too addicted and gave up. Due to the recession, I think the best way to save money is get back into FM. Since FM08, FM09 has been released so I would like to know:

(a) Is it better?

(b) Is it true that it runs much more slowly than FM08, e.g. matches take longer etc etc?

© Is it true that you have to run a game via 3D engine - that would totally bother me.

(d) If the immediate is true, will same be in FM10?

(e) Do you have to download all these patches etc (cos I hate that too)

Would love your help on this..

Thanks

a) In my opinion it is better, but some will say 08 is more fun to play. There are a lot of good features in 09 and the transfer market is great IMO.

b) Yes it is a very slow game. The worst part of this game is that on average computers it is very slow.

c) no you can run 2d if you wish.

e) If you buy it from Steam the copy you downlaod will be all patched up.

I think you can still download the demo and check it out.

1) it's all opinion. i think so.

2)it does run slower but it doesnt bother me that much.

3) no

4)they have said they have done lots of work to speed up the game so hopefully not.

5) you dont have to but if u get fm09 you really should because of how many bugs there were.

Dear all,

Had FM08 and got too addicted and gave up. Due to the recession, I think the best way to save money is get back into FM. Since FM08, FM09 has been released so I would like to know:

(a) Is it better?

(b) Is it true that it runs much more slowly than FM08, e.g. matches take longer etc etc?

© Is it true that you have to run a game via 3D engine - that would totally bother me.

(d) If the immediate is true, will same be in FM10?

(e) Do you have to download all these patches etc (cos I hate that too)

Would love your help on this..

Thanks

(a) yes, in my opinion (although it's not perfect)

(b) I found it a bit slower yes, but not so slow it's unplayable

© No, you can choose to play in 2D if you prefer (like me)

(d) 3D in FM10 will be improved, but even so, hopefully you can still view in 2D

(e) No, you don't have to download patches, although it does iron out a lot of creases that the game initially had.

Archived