New computer with intel i7!

I am about to get a new computer with the new Intel i7 processor and I would liket to know what you think about it!

The specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i7-920 2.66Ghz 8M LGA1366(maybe overclock to 3.2 Ghz)

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 X58

Samsung 22x DVD±RW 22x - Black - Bulk

Hårddisk: Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD753LJ 32MB 750GB

Antec P183

630W Sli Cert.

Sound card: SupremeFX II (integrated)

RAM: Corsair Intel Core i7 6GB 1333 or 1600 Mhz Kit (TR3X6G1333C9)

Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 260 896mb

Can I run a large DB and ultimate retain players and around 30-40 playable leagues with this computer with really fast processing time or will it get slow after 10-15 season or so? Also is it even possible to run all leagues and large DB on a system?

Would be glad if somone from SI or other knowlegeble people would give their thoughts on this?

Its going to work but its not going to run fast. Its only slightly faster than my old overclocked core2quad setup on which i wouldn't run more than 10 leagues on a large db (and certainly no retain all players option selected).

Ultimately it all depends on how patient you are. If you are satisfied with a 10% of time playing and 90% of time waiting ratio then yes you can select all leagues.

BTW: im sure you should be able to to overclock it to more than 3.2ghz.

The 920 can be OC to 4ghz on air, go for the faster RAM and OC to 4 and yes it should be able to do that for you. If FM is the only game you play save your money on the gfx for an older GPU perhaps of ebay and buy an SSD to keep the database on.

Hobgob.

You probably already know this but no harm in mentioning it again but make sure that you have a 64bit version of windows (assuming thats the OS you've chosen to get) or it won't recognise the amount of ram you have.

Archived