Giving up FM 2009 for good.

Thats it i've had enough! After 2 seasons in charge of Newcastle and a F.A Cup win im packing it in.

It was fun whilst it lasted however I just can't continue with the stupid amount of injurys i'm getting each game even with the 9.3 patch I mean come on SI 3 long term injurys in one match then the game after 2 short terms, please sort it for next years game. Is it me or does your team just ignore the tactics that you set, I put my passing style to short with a quick tempo and whenever i'm watching the key highlights it seems as if their playing a long ball game even after i've changed it to a completely different tactic they play the same game!

I've tried to start a new game with a different club but the same thing happened again therefore its game over.

I really do hope 2010 is a much better game than this years as I will be buying it to give it another crack of the whip!

Thanks but No thanks FM2009.

Anyone else feel the same?

Just closed my my current save 5 seasons in.. used defult training, iv had 1 long term injurie (lasting longer then 1 week) in 5 seasons.

I seem to get alot of injuries against certain teams, for example playing Chelsea I often get several players with knock and one longer injury, so usually lose 2 big players for 5-7 days and another for about a month, so I can only assume they have hard tackling on my best players. I think generally i get more injuries than is totally realistic but I did start this save on the original or 9.1 patch (can't remember which) so It may be that save games weren't fully compatible with all the updates.

It does get annoying when your playing your 4th or 5th choice striker but it can happen to teams IRL, i remember talk that Chelsea were considering Hilario on the bench for one match as a sub striker in the last few seasons.

I had 4 first team starters out injured the match before a cup semifinal (FA, I think)

2 of which were of atleast 4 weeks. I figured "Meh, Footballers, Sheesh" and carried on...

Surely you would've had sufficient depth to cover the players or that is just poor management.

Although I haven't played with Newcastle so am unsure if that makes a difference there.

I feel the same generally but not with an injuries issue especially - I havent noticed that, in SI's defence. Whatever I tell my keeper (eg pass short, defender collect, DC specific) he hoofs the ball long.WTF ! To cap it off I have 3d shakey screen syndrome with a relatively high spec PC and I'm advised to defrag or somesuch every few days. No actually I'd rather play a different Footy game, one thats less high maintenance! CM 10 may be about to recapture a lot of lost ground in the CM/FM race, I think!

Archived