Opponent Instructions Question

I would imagine that the OI's take priority, as you will be telling the player what to do for the one match whereas his normal instructions are for every game - he should be looking for something more specific.

However this is just a guess, using logic.

Arsenal is right. OI Generally override player instructions.

For example if I set my CM to tight mark - no and yet in the OI I ask the team to mark Blah Dblah then Blah DBlah will be tight marked by anyone close to him that includes my CM who I told not to tight mark.

Just be careful what you do with OI's , because you can end up with players being completely lost between 2 totally opposite instructions.

You will notice that as they will be running around like headless chickens, while opposition is shredding you in pieces.Not a pretty sight to be seen.

If I'm not mistaken there is no OI instruction for manmarking, its only called tight marking. There are 4 OI's..close down, tight mark, Tackle hard and show on wrong foot. I typically use OI for nutty wingers and maddening central midfielders.

Through the tactical interface you can also set up specific man marking which is what I think you're referring to. OI overrides individual instructions, but zonal and man marking are not set up from the OI.

Just be careful what you do with OI's , because you can end up with players being completely lost between 2 totally opposite instructions.

I really don't think it's that difficult. Say my side mf wants to mark a very offensive fb but doesn't want to follow him all over the field (individual instructions to manmark). I would have him play zonal and tight mark the fb. My thinking would be play the zone, if the fb enters your area mark tight.

I guess i need to watch a couple full matches and see exactly how OI tight mark & zonal work together if they even do.

I really don't think it's that difficult. Say my side mf wants to mark a very offensive fb but doesn't want to follow him all over the field (individual instructions to manmark). I would have him play zonal and tight mark the fb. My thinking would be play the zone, if the fb enters your area mark tight.

I guess i need to watch a couple full matches and see exactly how OI tight mark & zonal work together if they even do.

No, it's not difficult at all, however if you read these forums, you will see that happens lot of times. I was referring to situations where people overdo it and give way to many OI instructions that are not mutually compatible or differ from original tactic.

What you are planing in this case is tactically reasonable, though.

Archived