Football Manager Patches

Hi,

I've never used a football manager patch and I'm considering downloading the latest patch. I have a few questions about patches.

If you install a patch can you uninstall it afterwards and go back to the original game?

Does the latest patch have all up to date transfers?

And where can i find the latest patch and how do you install it?

Thanks

Hello,

1) You can not uninstall it like a game. You have to uninstall Football Manager 2009 and then re-install it.

2) It has the January transfers but not the Summer ones. You can find more up-to-date ones in the Editors Hideaway.

3) You can download it here and you install it by running the file once the download is done. It then installs itself

Hi,

I've never used a football manager patch and I'm considering downloading the latest patch. I have a few questions about patches.

If you install a patch can you uninstall it afterwards and go back to the original game?

You can always reinstall the game to revert to the original state. However, I think most people would advise that you play with the latest patch, as it sorts out a number of bugs and also makes the match engine much more realistic and gives you more control over your team.

Does the latest patch have all up to date transfers?

Yes. The 9.3.0 patch includes transfers up to the end of the January transfer window. There's obviously no up-to-the-minute official tranfer update, but it is possible to download unofficial updates that include all world transfers up to a more recent date. You'd probably need to check out the Editor Forum for details and links.

And where can i find the latest patch and how do you install it?

If you check out the link at the top of every forum page, it'll take you to the latest patch download page and give you full details of how to download and install (it's pretty simple, since it installs itself automatically and patches the game for you.). Just look for either the '9.3.0 PC' link or the '9.3.0 Mac' link (whichever platform you're on) and there you go.

Hope that all helps. :0)

Just something to note - games saved in 9.3.0 will not work in a previous version. So if you do update and there's a chance you could go back - be sure to make a copy of your 9.0.0 saves so you can load them. That is of course, if you plan to carry on a save game.

Thanks very much guys much appreciated. I think I'll look for the most up to date one, with summer transfers.

thanks again

9.3.0 is the latest patch, it fixes many bugs and provides you a database from January. There are no more patches after that one, but you can download a database from the editiors hideaway. Databases and patches are completely different. Therefore, if I were you, I'd go ahead and download 9.3.0 for the bug fixes alone (which make the game a lot better) and then go searching for a database.

slightly different topic but i spent a while doing transfers and managers etc and went to check if it worked and now can't manage any teams in england anyone have any idea what ive done and how to undo it? Thanks

slightly different topic but i spent a while doing transfers and managers etc and went to check if it worked and now can't manage any teams in england anyone have any idea what ive done and how to undo it? Thanks

You have too many/few teams in at least one of the playable English leagues. Sort that out and it'll work fine.

Archived