How do you retrain players?

I got some questions on position retraining, i need additional cover for left back position but i dont have space for a extra defender. I got enough as it is.

I got a player who is competent in left back, but i want him to become accomplished in that position (because i suffered few games last season) and how do i strengthen his left feet without affecting his right feet and make him as natural as he can be in left back??

How much workload should i assign him? please help any advice all appreciated

*** I posted this in the training section (hours ago) , but i hardly find any other thread useful for my questions, except here and good team guide, SO please dont close the thread,i need to know! I been searching for this answer. :(

You can retrain him by going to the players profile then click on overview (under training in player profile) third down should be new position. Choose left back and your set.

The feet is a little harder to do. You'd have to have him on an intensive shooting schedule. I can't tell you how effective this'll be though but I'm quite sure it's the only way you can strengthen the weaker foot.

Thanks! I got some more questions ;(

How much workload % should i assign a player?

Once he achieves the position, do i just leave it there. Or do i put back to 'not set', and roughly how long does it take for the player in question to achieve the position say from awkward or competent to accomplished?

Thanks! I got some more questions ;(

Once he achieves the position, do i just leave it there. Or do i put back to 'not set', and roughly how long does it take for the player in question to achieve the position say from awkward or competent to accomplished?

% Workload doesnt make much of a difference from my experience.

It completely depends on a players hidden stat, versatility.

If that stat is high, he should be able to play that in the future without carrying on training for it.

However if that stat is low then he may forget it straight after you've stopped training it into him.

Best thing to do is wait until he is 'acomplished' in the new position the stop the training. If he forgets the position after that then just make him start it again, but this time leave it off.

Varies from one player to another. During the season you'd want to keep Strength and aerobic training to low-ish medium to avoid injuries and the overall work load shouldn't exceed medium. Like I said though some players don't mind a heavy workload, so you'll have to see how your players react to training by checking the overview section once a week.

Once he achieves the position, do i just leave it there. Or do i put back to 'not set',

You don't have to leave it set if you play him there constantly. If he doesn't play there much he'll eventually slip back to competent.

roughly how long does it take for the player in question to achieve the position say from awkward or competent to accomplished?

Again varies from one player to another and I unfortunately can't give you a guesstimate but I'm sure someone on here has an idea.

A while but not a season?

I've retrained Peter Pawlett from MC nothing to MC awkward in about 5 months, but he is stubborn!

Again, it depends on the versatility stat of the player. If it is high, it will take less time for him to learn a new position. But if, like it seems your player does, the player has a low adaptability stat, it is likely to take a long time.

The shortest time I've had is about 2 months to become accomplished. However I've also had players training for 18 months and still not be accomplished.

:thup:

Again, it depends on the adaptability stat of the player. If it is high, it will take less time for him to learn a new position. But if, like it seems your player does, the player has a low adaptability stat, it is likely to take a long time.

The shortest time I've had is about 2 months to become accomplished. However I've also had players training for 18 months and still not be accomplished.

:thup:

You are wrong. Adaptability determines how easy it is for a player to adapt to a new country. The attribute that does what you mention is versatility.

A while but not a season?

I've retrained Peter Pawlett from MC nothing to MC awkward in about 5 months, but he is stubborn!

Have you been playing him as a CM? It makes a huge difference whether the player is playing in the new position you're training him to.

Archived