Team Rivals

I was just wondering if a club can gain a fierce rival just like they gain icons, legends and favourite personnel because my club I created started without rivals because they never played a game before so just wondering if they could gain a team, say if they played them a lot. Thanks.

In a relatively recent FM (07 I think), Chelsea and Barcelona were rivals, obviously put in because they faced each other so many times in recent CL's.

I can't see why it couldn't be coded into the game so rivalries between clubs in different countries can grow...

I just thought of a rival related question. I'm playing as QPR and have been in the Prem for six years now. Chelsea are listed as my bitter rivals, but on their info screen QPR is just a regular rival. I have a superior head to head record against them, even though I started as a relatively weak side. Could this be due to the fact that we hate them more than they hate us, thus we play better?

I just thought of a rival related question. I'm playing as QPR and have been in the Prem for six years now. Chelsea are listed as my bitter rivals, but on their info screen QPR is just a regular rival. I have a superior head to head record against them, even though I started as a relatively weak side. Could this be due to the fact that we hate them more than they hate us, thus we play better?

That makes sense, I guess your team are more likely to react better to a "For the Fans" than Chelsea would

Archived