Club turning Professional: Finland Edition

I'm finding it hard to turn clubs professional in Finland.

In my current game my team is JJK. Third season is just started.

Bank balance is 1,5 million £. Monthly profit is about 5k. All contracts at my club are full time. I have won Finnish Cup and Finnish League Cup. Two previous seasons I finished fourth in league(Veikkausliiga).

I think this is more that enough to make my board consider professionalism.

What do you think about my achievement?

Do you guys have any experience about Finnish leagues?

How long will it take until JJK is professional team?

:thup:

goood achievment !

not sure how long it will take?

how many other pro clubs are there?

14 teams in Finnish top league, 12 of those are professional. Only my JJK and HJK are semi-pro. HJK being semi-pro is data bug, HJK is most famous and biggest club in Finland.

• 3 weeks later...

Third season wasnt success story. League position was 8th. :confused:

But

My fourth season with JJK was GREAT!

I finished second in league and I won both cups. I also sold my best keeper for 1,5 million (and 50% of next tranfer), my bank balance is now about 3,2 mil. :)

Still nothing. Come on board! :mad:

I'm currently managing TP-47 in Finland and we turned pro in January 2016 after I won my first league title in 2015. I had around £2.8m in the bank at the time after making a steady profit over a number of years.

Previous to turning pro I had won the Finnish Cup in 2013 or 2014 and had played in the Europa League qualifiers a couple of times. The 2015 season was my 6th in the top flight.

I too was frustrated at how long it took the club to turn pro considering that no other top flight player would sign for a semi-pro club, we'd had comfortable finances and the whole squad on pro deals for a few years, and we'd been in Europe.

I would guess that my league title triggered the board in the end, and overnight we went from only being able to scout in Finland, to being able to scout all over the world. We also suddenly became incredibly attractive to the other players in Finland who were all "extremely interested" in signing now, rather than having "no intention".

As for your achievements, well done. You appear to be progressing quicker than I did.

I'm currently managing TP-47 in Finland and we turned pro in January 2016 after I won my first league title in 2015. I had around £2.8m in the bank at the time after making a steady profit over a number of years.

Previous to turning pro I had won the Finnish Cup in 2013 or 2014 and had played in the Europa League qualifiers a couple of times. The 2015 season was my 6th in the top flight.

I too was frustrated at how long it took the club to turn pro considering that no other top flight player would sign for a semi-pro club, we'd had comfortable finances and the whole squad on semi-pro deals for a few years, and we'd been in Europe.

I would guess that my league title triggered the board in the end, and overnight we went from only being able to scout in Finland, to being able to scout all over the world. We also suddenly became incredibly attractive to the other players in Finland who were all "extremely interested" in signing now, rather than having "no intention".

As for your achievements, well done. You appear to be progressing quicker than I did.

I'm having same problems. There is no players in first league that would join my team. This makes my task even more difficult.

Do you remember (Rock 'N' Roll Radio :D) what time of year it was when your board made their decision?

• 2 weeks later...

Now players have started to ask ridiculous wage demand when offering cotract + appearance fee demands are titanic! Right after my finances went from secure to okay my board started to restrict scouting trips.

JJK life is had. Sold 866 season tickets, Tampere United sold 4879. Quite vast revenue difference.

My wage bill has shot up since turning pro, but I've been helped by the qualifying for the Champions League grroup stages one year which probably gave me around £5-6m in revenue including prize money, TV and gate receipts.

I find the Champions League easier to qualify for than the Europa League as well. The 2nd qualifying round is the hardest (not logical I know), but if you can get through that you should be confident.

I'm actually set to leave TP-47 for Lazio as well after 10 and a half seasons. Too good an offer to turn down.

• 1 month later...

I left JJK after 3 pro seasons. Could not beat TamU. TamU is like Rosenborg in my game. I got bored because JJK didnt have resources to grow bigger team. Most irritating was average attendance, only 2000. TamU had something like 10 000! Unrealistic average attendance in Finland.

Archived