Where can I purchase an unlock key?

Just installed fM2009 from the torrent download link in the forums. Trying to buy a key, but no guidance on where to get one other than its on si website.

I believe that is the patch you've just downloaded so you actually need to buy a game from the shops or from steam, otherwise that is stealing.

I believe that is the patch you've just downloaded so you actually need to buy a game from the shops or from steam, otherwise that is stealing.

Its the full game plus the patch. It asks for an unlock code and indicates that I can buy it from sigames.com. But of course SIgames.com is incredibly not user friendly in this regard.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FM2009/football-manager-2009

I take it you downloaded the digital download version of 9.3? Don't think you can buy a key through sigames.com. You can buy the game from the gamersgate link above if you're not too keen on going out and buying the game or using steam.

yep. thats the one.

not sure why si would put in a torrent link and then not sell the game. seems counterintuitive.

anyway can you tell me the deal with the above link? legit?

yep. thats the one.

not sure why si would put in a torrent link and then not sell the game. seems counterintuitive.

anyway can you tell me the deal with the above link? legit?

Gamersgate is legit:thup:

• 2 weeks later...
if i get it off steam will i need to redownload or can i use the torrent version?

Yes, it will redownload and appear in your steam account, you dont need to access steam to play the game though. It will probably auto patch the game for you aswell.

You can access the cd-key for the steam version by right clicking it on the game list after you bought it. (might have to start the download, dont need to finish it)

You now could have a working unlock key.

I'm not sure if the key only works on the steam version.

But its the best way to get it if you want to play right away.

You can access the cd-key for the steam version by right clicking it on the game list after you bought it. (might have to start the download, dont need to finish it)

You now could have a working unlock key.

I'm not sure if the key only works on the steam version.

But its the best way to get it if you want to play right away.

But surely he should just let the download continue as will have already paid for it. It doesnt take long to download anyway.

Archived