Pc Upgrade for FM?

Am currently running a quad core 2.4 with 4GB and 32-bit OS

i have alot of leagues selected and it currently takes my mate and i nearly an hour to complete 1 week including playing 1 game ..

what d like to know if i upgraded to a 64-bit OS and increased to RAM to around 8GB or even took it to the maximum of 16GB in terms of speed would i notice much differance?

Yeah, I have a laptop dual 2 core with 4GB memory, and mine flies by, even 10 years into the game. Do you have McAfee running or something similar? That sort of thing takes up a lot of memory.

Depending how computer-savvy you are you could try running a load of performance-enhancers like defragging etc.

Exactly how many leagues are you running and what other stuff have you got running at the same time as FM? Have a look at the bottom right of your destop and see how many icons are there then right click on each and select the approporiate option to stop these. Then open up the task manager by pressin ctrl+Alt+Delete and select processes. click on each of these and disable what you can. You can stop most of these easily and it won't affect the stability of your computer.

I agree with chob. You should be running the game easily on a system like yours. I have a core 2 duo 2.33hmz also with 4gb and I can easily run 20 leagues. It might also be a good idea to run a virus scan and spyware scan to see if anything is there. On the subject of virus scans you should also make sure that your scanner ignores any folders that FM uses as this can slow things down quite a bit.

well im running the following league's

4 English

2 French

2 italian

2 Dutch

2 German

2 Spanish

2 Brazilian

1 Argentian

1 Scotland

2 Portuguese

i use large data base with extra DDT files.

may be it's user speed lol.. it loads and saves in a flash..

i cant remember what extra files i added now, to play a good game of multi player games i feel you need alot of players as the choice becomes small... i think it processes fairly quick i was just wondering if the speed would be less than half shoul i double ym ram ect?

Archived