[FM09] Unemployment; peter-evo style

peter-evo

Hello one and all to my brand new career that I would like to share with you all. First off, we'll get all of the boring stuff out of the way:

I am playing with Football Manager 2008 (8.0.2)

I am using a downloaded database called "Football Manager 2008 Feb2009 Data Update"

1st July 2007: Being an unemployed manager, the first thing to do was to check which jobs were available for me. To my dismay, the only team without a manager was that of "Senegal". This didn't stop me applying for the job.

17th July 2007: Still no reply from the Senegalese F.A. This doesn't matter, 2 jobs from the BSN have come available along with another from the German Divisional North. I applied for all three and have to admit, the German team is the most appealing to me.

15th August 2007: After being rejected by Efert and Braintree, I was approached by Weston-super-Mare who lie 20th after two games. The pier was still standing in 2007.

The squad is very poor and I am well above the wage-budget. It is going to be an incredibly tough season as the other sides in the division are much better than my own.

I am using every league from: England, France, Italy, Germany and Spain. Just found Neil Brock in my team as a defender (SI bloke).

Just creating the tactic. It is a defensive system that makes the players stand-off the opposition. Considering the lack of quality in the division, standing off would cause the players to make decisions based on play rather than the players do that for them. Never tried this system before so I am not too sure on how this approach will work. My first game? Braintree.

August 2007

18th August 2007: Braintree 1-1 Weston-super-Mare

What do you know? My ‘stand-off’ approach worked and lead to Braintree making an absolutely vital mistake which cost Braintree the game. My overall performance was not great and we only had two shots all game. The team spent the majority of their time standing off the opposition and frustrated them by laying a constant layer of four. Overall, I am pleased with my first match in charge.

Match Stats

25th August 2007: Weston-super-Mare 0-1 Worcester

A game that I never looked like winning before hand and never really looked like winning as the game was being played. The performance as a whole was very frustrating as we didn’t string any decent attacking moves together. 56% passing percentage was the thing that really cost us in the match and the game was won by a clever Adam Webster finish. On the whole, very frustrated with the performance and will have to make some tactical

Match Stats

27th August 2007: Dorchester 0-2 Weston-super-Mare

A slight change to midfield mentality seemed to do the trick for me as we coasted to a 2 goal victory against 8th placed Dorchester. The match itself was fairly even and both teams had some decent sections of play. The biggest difference between the two sides was the fact that Marc McGregor was on hot form as he bagged me a brace. I have to be chuffed with this performance as it is my first win and proved that, on our day, we can match the better teams of the division.

Match Stats

A win, draw and loss in my first three games in charge of Weston-super-Mare leave me lying 18th in the BSN. I have already learnt some key lessons and I am very optimistic of the future.

Would anyone mind closing this? My computer crashed while saving and the save broke. Started a new career now with TObermore United and am doing a rolling save this time. Would like to start that one up but doing 6 month updates rather than game-by-game.

Would anyone mind closing this? My computer crashed while saving and the save broke. Started a new career now with TObermore United and am doing a rolling save this time. Would like to start that one up but doing 6 month updates rather than game-by-game.

Sure.

For future reference though, this is the best place to ask: Mod Requests

Archived