So apparently...

Fine him a weeks wages ;)

I think this sort of thing comes up when you let players get away with missing training, red cards etc Could be something else though.

Huh. Well none of my players have missed training yet. And I prefer not to fine match dismissals unless I'm sure it's a pretty mindless foul. (I check match logs to decide.)

Could it be the fact that I tend to go on holiday for the less important matches? (Juventus - Catania isn't exactly a spectacle).

It has to do with in match dismissals.

I get it every time I forget to issue a warning or fine a player for a sending off.

Severity of sending off should correspond with punishment. If one of my players punches another player 2 weeks fine, if they get 2 yellows for minor fouls I tend to issue a warning unless they've been sent off earlier in the season.

I have had it when managing Coventry, didn't have a sending off all season but still two experienced players were worrying about the lack of managerial discipline. Seeing as I most always go for well done or sympathise for full team after a match unless people score below 5 I think isuckatfm is right and lenient team talks are to blame.

I just ignored it tho, and the following season start it has dissapeared.

I have had it when managing Coventry, didn't have a sending off all season but still two experienced players were worrying about the lack of managerial discipline. Seeing as I most always go for well done or sympathise for full team after a match unless people score below 5 I think isuckatfm is right and lenient team talks are to blame.

I just ignored it tho, and the following season start it has dissapeared.

I don't know I sometimes take the lenient route but it never happens to me. It's always when I forget to fine or warn someone after sending off and that includes reserves and u18.

Archived