Selling players

Something I've noticed since the 9.3 patch is that when I offer a player to clubs for more than twice his market value they will NEVER accept or they come up with loan to buy deals. Has anyone else noticed this as well or is it just me? :confused:

Just rememeber would you buy a player double his price?

I think on FM a lot of the time you are forced to. The AI does come up with some ludicrous asking prices.

I guess its a little logical, think about it - if a club offers you a player worth £5m for £10m+ then it means that the c;lub wants to sell this player and so you can probably get him cheaper if you offer less.

Well that's another anoying thing, they won't even counter bid...

Before the 9.3 patch I was able to sell Robert Swinkels (worth 1.5 milion) to Manchester City for 20 milion. This may not be very realistic but it was a lot more fun that way. But this new system isn't very realistic either because if you have a huge talent lets say in the eredivisie, you can only sell him for a maximum of like 12 milion, even if you play as Ajax or PSV because market values don't go above something like 6 milion as a result of the low league reputation. Eventhough there have been plenty of 15 milion+ transfers in the past e.g. Huntelaar, Sneijder, Alves, Kuyt, Van Nistelrooy etc.

I really hope they change this back in FM10

Btw all the transfer fees I took as examples were meant in euros.

Archived