Players leaving - Championship

I have always wondered whether many players in relegated premier league teams to the championship are looking to move. IRL, there is a lot of speculations surrounding these players and ultimately, many do move. Does this happen in FM, or is the amount of outgoings of a recently relegated premier league club the same as if they were still in the top flight?

There is some movement, but not as much as you'd expect. It's actual much the same in real life. Reading only lost four players who they wanted to keep and one was going anyway, Birmingham didn't lose many (the Dane, I suppose you could say Zarate but he wasn't staying anyway, any others?) and I don't think Derby lost anyone.

Birmingham did well keeping players like SCIAG said, suprised they kept McFadden on his Scotland form. On Fm a lot of the time relegated prem teams transfer list some of their players because:

a) The players want to leave

b) To keep finances good, taking too much space on the wage bill.

It's rare you'll find it cut price though, most times they're sold for normal price or more.

There is some movement, but not as much as you'd expect. It's actual much the same in real life. Reading only lost four players who they wanted to keep and one was going anyway, Birmingham didn't lose many (the Dane, I suppose you could say Zarate but he wasn't staying anyway, any others?) and I don't think Derby lost anyone.

SCIAG's right with Derby as well, they kept players such as Emanuel Villa, Hulse etc. Then I'm sure they kept Giles Barnes didn't they then the season after that he went on loan to Fulham.

just to clarify Derby signed Hulse permanently and for the first time as a championship club

Giles Barnes was part of the Premier league side and stayed till January and joined Fulham on loan but didnt play due to injury

on fm i find most relegated players get a lot of clubs after them

Archived