Too much wages?

So I'm bidding for Guardado (I'm Inter-Milan and leading the table) and my scout says (twice) that he'd want 42 to 53k p/w, however he's asking for 91k p/w with key player status!!!

And yes he's still playing for Deportivo, this is still the 1st year

1st try I tried offering him 54k p/w and he rejected it

There seems to be an issue with players demanding silly wages when you have a significant amount of ‘spare’ wages in your wages budget. I suppose what this means is that they see you as being ‘rich’, so they try and hit you for a higher wage (think Man City this year, and probably Man U next season).

What you can try (which seems to work most of the time) is transfer some of your wage budget into your transfer budget. That way, the player will think you have are not as well off, and is then likely to accept a lower wage offer.

Can’t guarantee this will work, but I have seen others report that it does, so its worth a try.

It might also be because he really doesn’t want to join you, unless you offer crazy money. Have you tried praising him etc so you get on his favored personnel list? If not this can also be an effective way of getting better prices (both in transfer fees and wages) as the player is particularly keen to join your club and therefore likely to accept a lower offer.

Good luck.

Hmm, my assistant says that he's extremely interested and hence he gave me the 41k to 53k figure

Anyway I signed him on a 45k p/w contract, it was confusing though I had to win a match that was before the transfer deadline and give him the key player role

Personally i dont offer over either 15k 20k 30k or 40k depending on which club i manage. Yeah its not a great way to sign current stars, but it does give me a chance of bringing through up & coming players.

Archived