Who should I play as?

Wanna do a lower league game, in England, and try and make a team big with the restriction that all players should either be from the UK or from England (at least eligible to play for them, dunno which yet)

Anyhow, I'd like a quick suggestion on whom I should do this career as? I was planning to start at League 2 or below- listening to quick suggestions on the team and which restriction.

Well I'll give it 10 minutes, and if there's nothing else, Brentford it shall be!

I only said them because they are my local team, and I haven't seen anyone manage them ( I haven't managed them either). It's up to you of course :D.

Okie doke. I'll start the game with England (BSP), Scotland (D1), Spain (La Liga) and France (L1) loaded- all the other countries on view only.

I've gone for Cambridge as it seems more of a journey that way.

However I'm happy to hear views on if I should go all English or all British?

Okie doke. I'll start the game with England (BSP), Scotland (D1), Spain (La Liga) and France (L1) loaded- all the other countries on view only.

I've gone for Cambridge as it seems more of a journey that way.

However I'm happy to hear views on if I should go all English or all British?

All English.

Try to fit into 8+3 at least.

Hooray for Cambridge! My local team and ahve a save with them in the 2030 somethings. All English team as well, but only once we'd won our 3rd title and it was too easy otherwise.

Good luck with them, pretty decent starting team there and there are some players higher up with Cambridge as favourite team who'll come back later :thup:

Quick bump if anyone's interested- got promotion to League 2 in the first season, finishing 3rd and winning the play-offs vs Histon at Wembley. Star performers were Sam Hewson on loan from Man U, Michael Oakes (Free transfer) and 31 goal top scorer Scott Rendell, on loan from Peterborough.

League 2 has gone well, a lot of squad reformed to try and compete with a very small budget. Scott Flinders signed for £24k had been excellent, as has Matt Lockwood for £2k, Michael Coulson, David Ball, Ben Mee and Jude Stirling on frees and John Bostock on a season long loan. 37 games gone and I'm 6th in the table- no non-English player used.

For the record my criteria for English is that they're either eligible for the English national team, or they were born in England, even if they now represent another nation.

Archived