In-Game player search

As I'm a lower league club I was unsurprised that that player search was mainly limited to home nationals, but after employing a scout with full knowledge of Poland, I presumed all the Polish players will now show up as well? But they haven't. And before anyone asks I have loaded all the Polish players in the database beforehand.

If this isn't the case, what actually is the purpose of the Scouting Knowledge bar? And how are the limitations of the player search?

As I'm a lower league club I was unsurprised that that player search was mainly limited to home nationals, but after employing a scout with full knowledge of Poland, I presumed all the Polish players will now show up as well? But they haven't. And before anyone asks I have loaded all the Polish players in the database beforehand.

If this isn't the case, what actually is the purpose of the Scouting Knowledge bar? And how are the limitations of the player search?

Am I understanding this right?

The player search function doesn't show all players (let's say based in Spain) even if you set your filter to do so?

Yes

including a scout with full scouting knowledge of that region, and with a database that has all players loaded from that region. If I go through a domestic club from that region, the players are there, if I use the player search, they don't show up.

Same thing happened with me. I think it's just a gimmick by the SI people. I signed a dutch scout with full knowledge in Holland but he didn't automatically uncover anyone.

If you're at a lower league you can do what I do. Get a scout with high determination and adaptability and scout other countries. I tend to get a lot of players pretty quickly. Being a lower league club I never find a scout with good JPA JCA rating so I tend to have to decide if the player is good enough. I use trials a lot to look at the player instead of having the scout giving me a report to uncover his hidden attributes. I figure he needs to look for other players plus he sucks at it anyway

Yes

including a scout with full scouting knowledge of that region, and with a database that has all players loaded from that region. If I go through a domestic club from that region, the players are there, if I use the player search, they don't show up.

That is just plain stupid. The purpose of the search is surely to show details of all players who are based in Spain or any other filter.

How on earth does it decide which players to exclude?

That is just plain stupid. The purpose of the search is surely to show details of all players who are based in Spain or any other filter.

How on earth does it decide which players to exclude?

If you look at the top of the player search somewhere above their names it states ' Well known players..." it may also state '...in your region" (not sure on that last bit).

Always puzzled me this one...think you may have to either go to each club to view all the players or use Scouts to uncover them.

Archived