Stimulate non-league promotion

Okay,

I don't know if this qualifies as an experiment or should be in the GD section, but:

Is there any way of increasing the chances of a (non-playable) team to get promoted? I'm asking because I'd like to play my hometown (that have been in the Belgian D4 for ages) without using the editor.

I've tried giving them ridiculous amounts of money for friendlies, to no avail. Maybe save/restart the game so they could have decent cup runs? Any other ideas?

Okay,

I don't know if this qualifies as an experiment or should be in the GD section, but:

Is there any way of increasing the chances of a (non-playable) team to get promoted? I'm asking because I'd like to play my hometown (that have been in the Belgian D4 for ages) without using the editor.

I've tried giving them ridiculous amounts of money for friendlies, to no avail. Maybe save/restart the game so they could have decent cup runs? Any other ideas?

GD or Editor's hideaway is the place you want :thup:

Edit: Check the title of the thread :p

Generally teams with a higher reputation will win promotion, but there does appear to be a small element of randomness sometimes.

You could just save the game the day before the new fixtures come out, and keep reloading until they come up.

Yes, Kenco's plan is often the best.

If you've loaded the league directly above that of your favourite team (it won't be able to be promoted if it's any lower than that), loaning your players to them can give them a good cup run. This will increase their reputation meaning they are more likely to get promoted.

Archived