International success- Does it improve your reputation?

I've taken my first international job on FM09. Started as unemployed with past experience 'professional footballer' and appointed manager of Senegal.

It's now December 2009. Iv'e been coach for 11 games, 9 World Cup Qualifiers and 2 Friendlies. Won 8 Drawn 3 and only conceded 3 goals. We have qualified for the World Cup and will be one of the favourites for the African Nations starting in Jan 2010.

I notice that the qualifying games have gone pretty much un-noticed in my manager profile. My attributes remain on '10', there is no win percentage given like there is at club level and considering we moved up to 13th in the World rankings at one point, there just seems a real lack of anyone noticing the progress being made. The FA are only 'satisfied'. No mention of being pleased to qualify for the World Cup out of a tricky group that included Nigeria.

My concern is that international managers achievements are not recognized proparly in FM. For those of you with experience of this, does winning an international tournanment such as the African Nations or a good run in the World Cup boost your reputation and make other nations FA's and clubs notice you?

Judging by my FM2008 career, yes international success does improve reputation. In fact my reputation seemed to increase just by accepting the Uzbekistan job, as it got me a job in the Russian 1st Division which I wasn't able to get previously.

All matches affect reputation, but some do so more than others. Wait until tournaments and good results their will get better effects than good results as friendly or even qualifying level.

As regards to your profile ratings, these change every six months so the level of your managing does not affect the rate of change. However, board confidence and win percentages don't work as well with international management.

I've taken my first international job on FM09. Started as unemployed with past experience 'professional footballer' and appointed manager of Senegal.

It's now December 2009. Iv'e been coach for 11 games, 9 World Cup Qualifiers and 2 Friendlies. Won 8 Drawn 3 and only conceded 3 goals. We have qualified for the World Cup and will be one of the favourites for the African Nations starting in Jan 2010.

I notice that the qualifying games have gone pretty much un-noticed in my manager profile. My attributes remain on '10', there is no win percentage given like there is at club level and considering we moved up to 13th in the World rankings at one point, there just seems a real lack of anyone noticing the progress being made. The FA are only 'satisfied'. No mention of being pleased to qualify for the World Cup out of a tricky group that included Nigeria.

My concern is that international managers achievements are not recognized proparly in FM. For those of you with experience of this, does winning an international tournanment such as the African Nations or a good run in the World Cup boost your reputation and make other nations FA's and clubs notice you?

Given that youve been in charge that long, nor for that many matches is it really that much of a surprise?

Id be a little worried if when managing a domestic team that changed my stats 1/4 of the way into my first season.

I understand what your all saying, I haven't being in charge that long, but considering qualifiers and results all affect the nations coefficients then surely the manager should get a bit of recognition on his CV.

In other words in FM, lets say for example, if a manager consistantly took a smallish nation to major tournaments but did not go very far, he would not build up a great reputation as the achievement of qualifing goes un-noticed. That can't be right?

Look irl at Slaven Bilic. First coaching job in football with Croatia, has a succesfull qualifing campaign and beat England and suddenly he's linked to alot of jobs in the EPL. As much fewer games are played internationally than at a club, big results go along way for promoting young coaches into the spotlight.

I get the feeling FM may not represent this aswel as it could.

Look irl at Slaven Bilic. First coaching job in football with Croatia, has a succesfull qualifing campaign and beat England and suddenly he's linked to alot of jobs in the EPL. As much fewer games are played internationally than at a club, big results go along way for promoting young coaches into the spotlight.

I get the feeling FM may not represent this aswel as it could.

Bilic is lucky because the group included England, had it not included England he wouldnt be linked to half the jobs he currently is.

Youve still not been in the job long enough with a good enough success (getting to the finals of the Cup of Nations with Senegal really isnt that big a deal be honest, its like being top 4 with United) rate to really merit a huge reputation increase yet. Maybe as you say if you win or do very well consistently in the major tourneys theyll start to notice you.

You are probably right though, but Ive never picked up a international job off the bat, and without a domestic club, to be able to say for sure - good luck anyway.

Archived