Loaning youngsters

Personally I don't loan them until 18 years old. A lot depends on their personality. If they have high determination / influence and have a determined or ambitious persoanlity then you know they are not shrinking violets and maybe ready sooner.

You also have to loo at where you are loaning them to. Look at the clubs training facilities and their coaching staff. Especially look at their coaches "working with youngsters" attribute.

I loan players to my feeder teams as i have already checked to make sure that they have the correct attributes to bring the youngsters on.

I tend to loan them out when they get to 17 years old. Its really important that they are not sitting on the bench throughout their loan period so make sure the team trying to loan them says they will be a valuable member of the team.

I never loan out players under 18 years old unless they are exceptional talents for their age. I like players to have spent 3 seasons with the youth and reserve team before I loan them. Usually 2/3 seasons brings them to 18 which I feel is the right age for some lower league first team action

Same here.

Never loan out player when other team rates him as "cover for first team". He won't get much first team experience there and decline in training facilities/coaching is significant. Also you probably have better tutors for him than any lower division club could have.

I tend to loan out players in age 20-22 (the age they should be rady to prove their worth and fight their place up), also players that I intend to get rid of after the next season will be loaned until their contract expires.

Archived