Anyone got The Gurus number??

afternoon all,

I'm currently playing as Millwall in my 6th season, I have done pretty well getting them into the Premiership within 4, i have an extremely young squad average age of 21 who are competing pretty well in the Prem.

(question 1)

I made a mistake by giving my star defender the captaincy and taking it away from another player who got rather upset! i realised the player i've given it to can't speak english at all not even basic, he is also being bid on by all the top sides e.g: Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, AC Milan etc..and has admitted wanting away. and he is only 22 to throw into the bargain. would you remove him as captain? and give it back to the original player?

(question 2)

i have 8 players currently being bid on non stop who have all admitted wanting out too? if i were to let these players go i would definately see my squad spiral. how do i persuade these players that their futures lie at Millwall?

(question 3)

i'm tempted to leave millwall at the end of this season, any ideas on how i should do this, should i resign at the end of the season and wait for offers from clubs, or should i approach a club? any experiences??

(question 4)

when you have left a club has anyone on your staff followed you out or any players expressed their desire to come play for you??

cheers people

much love

(2)

There's not really a lot you can do about want-away players, in fact selling them may help boost your teams morale. Although while they're still paying well for your team you can always just ignore all the complaints. At some point though, you will lose them on a free as they're not likely to sign new contracts.

(4)

After 5 seasons at Stenhousemuir my AssMan and one coach followed me out, but my next job was at Wealdstone and they didn't want to sign with me!

1)

The hassle this guy is causing with the team means I wouldnt have a second thought stripping him of the captaincy.

2)

Kinda hard to persuade them of anything, seeing as you are also looking to jump ship...

3)

You could approach clubs, although you run the risk of upsetting your board. Offers may come in if youre highly regarded within the game.

4)

I left Braintree for Crewe after getting them to L2 and consolidating their position the year after. My AssMan and 3 coaches left and I hired the AssMan at my new club.

thanks for the responses chaps,

with regard to the captaincy thing, i've only just given it to him, and if i strip him of it i'm worried it will cause massive unrest among the squad.

i'm sure there used to be an interaction with a player regarding there future at the club and you were able to tell him you wanted the squad to improve to match his ambitions has this feature gone?

I'd feel dodgey about changing the captain again, keep changing it and it all goes crazy!

Id personally wait till the end of the season, then resign and look for a club. Rather than my loyal fans hating me :)

In a previous career I did, from a BSS team i built up my coaching staff, got to Championship, got sacked for going into administration (thats what i get for the board not giving me a stadium to give me the finances for the team) about 7 or 8 left saying they wanted to go where i went, so i went to another team and they signed for me ... how lovely :)

thanks for the responses chaps,

with regard to the captaincy thing, i've only just given it to him, and if i strip him of it i'm worried it will cause massive unrest among the squad.

i'm sure there used to be an interaction with a player regarding there future at the club and you were able to tell him you wanted the squad to improve to match his ambitions has this feature gone?

Changing the captain around as frequently as you are planning on doing will cause unrest in your squad. I suggest selling him and after that you can name your new captain. Although it is unlikely your previous captain will want to.

3) Why on earth would you want to leave the mighty Millwall? surely managing the Lions is the ultimate dream job for any manager.

I'm still struggling to get out of the championship after 3 seasons but I have fond memories of taking Millwall to supreme glory on previous versions of FM, and I intend to do it again. I have no intention of quitting until we achieve world domination.

Kickballz - your right about the dream job, i might stay until i win the league or until my contract runs out whichever comes first, prob the latter as winning the prem is pretty hard.

do you still have many of the original squad...i think i have about 5 players?

Sam Allen - i dont want to sell him as he is one of the best defenders in the prem at the moment, he is prob the only reason i havent been relegated him and my decent strike team.

has anyone ever had a player say he wants to follow you to your next club after you've left?

Archived