Why can't my strikers hit the target away from home??

Tactics are fine, we dominate games but can't score goals. At home we have a great shots on target percentage and score lots of goals, but away from home we can't hit the target. We create loads of chances but whatever way the game is coded prevents you from scoring. Our last 4 home results have been 2-0, 3-0, 1-0, 6-0. Last 4 away results 1-1, 1-1, 1-1, 1-1. Virtually same amount of possesion and chances in all games.

The only differences being at home it reads for example: 14 shots, on target: 7

Away: 14 shots, on target 2

Same pattern all the time.

Ridiculous when you have world class players constantly missing the target.

Of course tactics are the problem.

People rely too heavily on looking at shots on goal - it doesn't give you an accurate representation of how the game has gone.

You could have 20 shots on goal all from 40 yards out because away from home the AI is defending deep and you have no better options.

There's no "away from home" conspiracy that means your strikers won't score.

It's becoming ridiculous though. I have a world class strike force, two of them with reputation 'worldwide', were 3rd in the table with the lowest goals scored out of the top six by a mile. The game relies far too much on tactics. Irl these players don't need tactics to create and score goals. Their ability and football brain is what tears defences apart. The amount of shots that go over the bar is just nonsense.

Composure is ok, my main striker has a high stat. Last two league games....away to Barnsley (Who I beat 6-0 earlier in the season and who are rock bottom of the table) and Bolton at home. Both finish 0-0, we had 10 shots on target against Barnsley, keeper's avg. rating 7.9. 12 shots on target against Boton, keeper's avg. rating 7.9.! (Previous games before those, we won 1-0 FA Cup sixth round at Anfield and won 3-0 in CL Second round first leg at home to PSV)

Im beginning to think no matter what I do we wont be successfull in the league! (Banging in the goals in Europe and F.A Cup by the way)

Im all on for FM being a test, but tactics are having far too much importance on the game. What Alex Ferguson does tactically is not going to stop Rooney and co from tearing teams apart irl.

Archived