Premier Manager 09 interactions for FM?

Now I recently played Prem Manager 09, and although the game is uneimpressive and pretty poor for this day and age concerning PC gaming, it did contain a great interaction feature which would benefit FM.

You get direct contact with the chairman, you can tell him what you can achieve in more detail than in FM. And regular updates from him regarding finances and his overall thoughts on the current affairs within the team, on and off the pitch.

You can talk to clubs directly concerning player transfers and there are various interaction options in which you can negotiate transfers,

And my favourite is direct contact with players, it is as if you and the player met up for a drink whils you negotiate contract, they tell you there and then wether they like the current deal, and even negotiate back.

The press conferences/media interaction is far more advanced than FM, and you get the feeling that it is not just a press conferences where the AI already know what questions to ask you, but they ask questions depending on what your last answer was.

I feel heavily that a football managing game should heavily feature in interaction with the people within the game, and I feel a more direct approach to interaction is needed in FM, rather than just negotiating, pressing continue and getiing reactions a couple of days later.

Any thoughts?

I've never played Prem Manager 09 myself, but the interactivity you describe would be a good addition to FM :thup:

Personally I've always felt some sort of personal relationship with board and players/staff has been lacking. Contract negotiations can be so much better on FM, as can board interactions...

So yes, might even try to pick up Prem Manager 09 to see myself. Obviously I wouldn't swap FM for any game, but just to have a quick whirl and see what its like...

I would love FM to improve on this side of the game for the next release. It would make the FM world more realistic, more engrossing, and you would feel like you were really making a difference to the team. Even Fifa Manager is better at player/media interaction than FM, I mean come on! Do you really want to be beaten by that SI?

I made a few suggestions on this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=122604 and I'm to lazy to go over them, but I think there's a lot of room for improvement.

Iv'e never played Premier Manager either but the media/personel interaction sounds a million miles better than FM. The press conferences in FM are a disgrace and should either be removed or a complete overhaul needed

I've never played Prem Manager 09 myself, but the interactivity you describe would be a good addition to FM :thup:

Personally I've always felt some sort of personal relationship with board and players/staff has been lacking. Contract negotiations can be so much better on FM, as can board interactions...

So yes, might even try to pick up Prem Manager 09 to see myself. Obviously I wouldn't swap FM for any game, but just to have a quick whirl and see what its like...

I would recommend buying it just to experience the interaction, the game was fairly cheap, think I bought it for around £10 not long after it was released.

Archived