Player becomes club favourite after 1 game.

(I won't name the player)

:D

I just purchased a left back for my side Stuttgart. He is very decent but unknown left back and on his debut in the Bundesliga I am down 1-0.

In the 77th minute a huge header from the defender, sets off my attacking midfielder who runs through and scores from 25 yards out to equalise 1-1. A wonder goal, as he could have taken it further.

So far the defender is having about a 7.4 for his rating and has an assist to his name.

90th minute my team gets a corner kick.

This defender is set to stay back at all times.....

...there is a goal mouth scramble, a shot deflects off my striker and goes out the centre of the pitch.

Out comes my defender to anticipate the rebound, with time almost set in slow motion .....from 35 yards out he pops in a half volley that is driven low.

2-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt believe my eyes! :eek:

He has 14 for long shots and 15 for shooting and actually did score 7 goals for his previous club.

The next game he was listed as a favourite personnel for my club.

:D I haven't seen someone become favourite personnel of a club in 1 game!

It has now been 10 games since, and his performances have dropped a little, but im 3rd in the league and his average is 6.94.

Anyone else have a player thats become a club + fan favourite on debut?:thup:

Yes, one of my youngsters bagged I think 2 goals and 3 assists in his debut against hated rivals Napoli and is now stuck on the favoured personnel list.

He's not even that good.

However, I suppose he's a bit of a cult hero around Triestina at the moment.

Id cry if Napoli were to conceed 5+ goals from Triestina. :(

Hehe. :D

To be fair, it happened far into the future. Napoli underwent a fairly ambitious project buying tons of players, which oddly enough ended with them collapsing financially and ending up relegated. They now bobble between divisions while getting thrashed by me every now and then. Their financial situation hasn't been fixed yet, either.

Mind you, I didn't know Napoli considered Triestina a fierce rival, although I believe it's true the other way round.

I don't think Triestina is a rival of ours to be honest.

Then again, I think most of Italy dislikes Napoli, which is why it is so hard for any Italian International wanting to join us and why none of our Italians ever really feature Internationally for Italy throughout our history.

Its that whole North vs South thing.

I don't think Triestina is a rival of ours to be honest.

Then again, I think most of Italy dislikes Napoli, which is why it is so hard for any Italian International wanting to join us and why none of our Italians ever really feature Internationally for Italy throughout our history.

Its that whole North vs South thing.

Dunno, apparently you're the 4th most supported club in Italy (http://www.repubblica.it/2007/08/sezioni/sport/calcio/tifo-contro/tifo-contro/tifo-contro.html).

Or perhaps they're just jealous you have Hamsik.

Never, but you clearly can't argue :thup:

Better debut than Johnathan Woodgate for Madrid ;)

Quite simply the single most sensational debut I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing :D

Robinho got a 6.4 for me on his debut and ended up on my club (man utd) favoured personnel after that game. I think he is still on it even after i sold him about 6 seasons ago.

Something similar happened to me. Not just one game but pretty close. 2nd season with Villa. Signed Daniel Aquino in the summer and he had only played one or two domestic cup games and made a couple of sub appearances in the league but he got a rare start in the quarter finals of the Champions League. We were 3-0 down just before half-time at the Theatre of Prawns (having drawn 2-2 at Villa Park) but managed to pull a couple of goals back before Aquino scored to win the tie and put us through to the semis.

I noticed shortly after that that he had been added to the favourite personnel list. I actually think it is quite a nice and realistic touch. Wouldn't there be something similar irl if a fairly unknown kid came on a did that? The fans would see him as the new saviour of the club and desperate for him to start the next game...

brought in a new new young brazilian striker to replace this old guy i had playing there, the next day the old guy is released on a free,,, in the space of that 1 day the 2 of those strikers became fave personell,,,

me thinks there both gay and had 2 much fun in the showers

Archived