Football Manager, Skills

Hi, i have recently used football manager live and i really enjoyed the skills section where you have to learn skills. Could this be put onto FM10 as i think would be a great addition has you have to build your manager up to be the best in the World

• SI Staff
Post this in the wishlist thread with a link at the top of the forum

It's an idea about one topic so it should have it's own thread to promote discussion about one particular thing.

I don't think the skills system is something that would work in FM

... adding on my last comment ..... you need to learn how to use the aspects of the game in the best way and this is the skill, also how would it be timed? game time or real time .... and this isn't timed in the game is it????

The skills system in FML is based around the fact that the game progresses in real life time. This, as you know, isn't the case with Football Manager 2009 so, if this was to be considered, a 'way-around' would have to be thought of.

Also, it wouldn't be to everyone's tastes as the system restrcicts you from doing a lot of the stuff that you should be able to do. Tactics and scouting is very difficult in FM09 with the skills system and, at the beginning, you can't really do anything.

A final argument would be that the system is built for a 'mmo' type game and is designed to give some competitiveness within the game. In Football Manager 2009, who are you competing with? It is against yourself and, because of this, you should not be restricted.

Archived