What a season! **PLAYER NAMING**

I had an incredible season last season. Just completed the 09-10 season, and I was in my second year as Arsenal boss. I made wholesale changes to the squad, and sold Toure, Adebayor and Denilson in january, as well as Traore, Gallas, Rosicky, SIlvestre, Randall, Simpson, Lansbury, Merida and others. Recouping £93m, whilst signing Joleon Lescott for £4.4m, a brazilian called keirrison for £10m, and a number of regens and youngsters at a grand total expenditure of just £19.75m for 8 players. I managed to win the title with a squad average of 21. A marvellous centre-back pairing of djourou and senderos with cover from lescott made my team solid at the back, conceding 22 goals in 38 league games. Pipping Chelsea and Man Utd by 4 points, scoring 85 points in total with such a young side and great upheaval. Add in a league cup win 1-0 over Everton in extra time at wembley, and getting to the 6th round of the FA Cup before being knocked out 4-2 away to man utd, and a champions league campaign that culminated in a 4-1 defeat to real madrid at the bernebeau (yes the final was actually madrid's ground) all meaning i had a healthy season with a young side that was thrown together a lot of the time with injuries.

In february I also took charge of the ivory coast after the boss was sacked following a disappointing african nations cup campaign, and with a world cup coming up i applied successfully for the job as the national boss in addition to my arsenal duties. I was drawn in group D of the world cup along with Ireland, Spain and South Korea. In the opening group game despite leading we could only manage a 1-1 draw with ireland, after robbie keane equalised late for the irish after arouna kone gave my ivorian side the lead just before the hour mark. the second group game was against highly-fancied spain, and a stunning defensive display helped lés éléphants to a 1-0 win over the spanish with salomon kalou's solitary goal the difference after 73 minutes. In my final group game over south korea a simple 4-1 win including a hattrick from kone within 12 minutes of kick off, sent us through to the second round. In this round we faced the hosts south africa, and an early opener from kone was cancelled out on the hour by benni mccarthy, before a 92nd minute winner from kone to send the orange army to the quater finals, a clash with scotland yielded a 3-2 ivorian win, despite throwing away a 2 goal lead, overshadowed by abdoulaye meite being sent off. Then an all-african semi final with cameroon took place, and my ivorian side won 3-1, never in danger to take their place in the world cup final. The world cup final, a free-flowing, attacking affair in the Soccer City stadium in Johannesburg, with an attendance of 87,600, as the ivorians took the lead through christian romaric, again deputising for the injured yaya toure after 31 minutes, a lead cancelled out 11 minutes later as juan manuel mata equalised for the spanish. a finely poised tie was finally settled when the ivorians fell behind for the first time in the tournament with 14 minutes left after torres scrambled home a winner. Tournament top scorer was Arouna Koné, Gervinho was instrumental from wide-right, the team scoring more goals than anyone else, Koné also had the highest average rating, with drogba joint-topping the assist charts with 4. Overall a stunning season!

Club record for 09-10 season:

Carling Cup - winners

FA Cup - 6th round

Premier League - winners

Champions League - runner-up

Transfer dealings - £72.25m profit

Player of the season - cesc fabregas

International record:

World Cup Runner Up (Ivory Coast)

Archived