I played my 3rd choice keeper up front and he scored!

Just thinking back on a successful season, winning the FA Cup and Champions League.

In the FA Cup Semi-Final against Chelsea I inexplicably put my 3rd choice goalkeeper up front when I had intended to name him on the bench. I only noticed when he put the ball in the back of the net!

When I seen his name I intitally thought I had put him in goal and he had scored an own-goal and was immediately going to sub him so imagine my surprise when I discovered the reality!

I decided to leave him on seeing as he had done well in the first ten minutes,

He made it until 50 mins when I finally took him off. We won the game 2-0 so it was quite a relief!

I could just imagine watching Match Of The Day and Hansen and Lawrenson slating me for making such a stupid team choice.

Or MOTD2 - defintely one for "2 Good 2 Bad" !

Anyone else made some stupid errors which have gone on to be "Strokes of Genius" ?

I was playing in Champions league semi-finals and it was 2 leg against Man Utd.I was playing home with Milan and i had to score 2 goals but then Gilardino was injured in the 80 min.By mistake i put Kaladze instead of Pato and i didn't see unitl 60 sec. later when he scored a 30 yard goal.And in extra time he scored from corner to see me through to the final :D

I was playing in Champions league semi-finals and it was 2 leg against Man Utd.I was playing home with Milan and i had to score 2 goals but then Gilardino was injured in the 80 min.By mistake i put Kaladze instead of Pato and i didn't see unitl 60 sec. later when he scored a 30 yard goal.And in extra time he scored from corner to see me through to the final :D

Not a bad result! I suppose you could have disguised this as a tactical masterstroke!

I spent 5 years in China in my current career game. So many of my players had similar names that I was always making cockups like this. I managed to put a winger on for a center half at one point, and was remarkably impressed when, despite having jumping 5, he scored from a corner :p

I was half expecting a news report saying I had lost my mind.

'Scoot4nat was today sectioned by mental health officers after playing his 3rd choice goalkeeper up front for an FA Cup semi final. It is thought that the 2 strikers left on the bench reported their manager to the authorites who instantly rushed it to the top of their priorites and went straight to the offenders house with a straight jacket'

In actual fact its a bit like Mike Bassett: England Manager when he accidentally calls up Benson and Hedges!

'Scoot4nat was today sectioned by mental health officers after playing his 3rd choice goalkeeper up front for an FA Cup semi final. It is thought that the 2 strikers left on the bench reported their manager to the authorites who instantly rushed it to the top of their priorites and went straight to the offenders house with a straight jacket'

In actual fact its a bit like Mike Bassett: England Manager when he accidentally calls up Benson and Hedges!

That sounds fair to be honest!

Although he did score. Maybe just trying to keep my strikers on their toes!

Archived