Basic 2D Classic Matchday for FM10

Seeing as quite a few people are complaining of stuttering 2D Classic and also of the slowness of loading up each match (even with 3D disabled), I was wondering if SI might benefit from introducing a 'Basic 2D Classic Matchday' option for FM10.

This option would not only remove the 3D match representation but would also disable the advertising boardings and anything else slowing the match experience down. Perhaps it would be a return to a simpler match representation such as that in FM08.

There would then be the option for users with low specification computers, or those who are simply not interested in 3D, to completely disable the new features associated with the 3D representation. At present, simply disabling 3D does not appear to speed things up and I still have jerky and stuttering match highlights.

This is something I hope to see in FM10 as I am personally a big fan of 2D classic and would prefer a reliable and quality match representation as opposed to any flashy graphics that slow the game-play.

Any thoughts?

C.

I use 2D classic too, get a much better representationof my team's tactics using that.

I believe peter-evo has adapted the 2D classic so the ad boards and the time bar is gone, resulting in a larger screen. I have got rid of the timebars, and deleting the ads is fairly easy.

If you are interested in trying this peter-evo woudl be the best person to contact I think. :)

Thanks for your reply Arsenal_2111.

I'm not so much worried about changing the overall look of the 2D classic. This has more to do with the speed of loading each match and the problems with the jerky match representation in 2D classic that I am currently experiencing. :(

I hope a simpler match representation can be implemented for FM10.

C.

The current match day experience puts my laptop under a huge amount of strain and really slows things down. It wasn't this way in FM08 and so I guess I would like to see an option available for a similar low profile 2D classic version for FM10. Anyone with me on this?

C.

I am a fan of text view only,so in a way i agree with you because the game should run faster without 3d.I like everything that will speed up the game!

Thing is, the 2D and 3D will always use the same engine won't they, so you can switch between them seamlessly? It may not actually be a problem with the graphics but with the ME coding somewhere. The 2D and 3D are interlinked by the same match engine so this could always be a problem for people with crap graphics cards (including myself) unless it gets sorted somehow. This is all guesswork though, I have no basis for my assumptions and I probably am wrong here.

Thing is, the 2D and 3D will always use the same engine won't they, so you can switch between them seamlessly? It may not actually be a problem with the graphics but with the ME coding somewhere. The 2D and 3D are interlinked by the same match engine so this could always be a problem for people with crap graphics cards (including myself) unless it gets sorted somehow. This is all guesswork though, I have no basis for my assumptions and I probably am wrong here.

I fear you might be right about this but I would absolutely love the option of a return to a simple 2D classic mode.

Currently the match highlights sends my computer fan whirring like mad and slows everything down. I also get the problems with jerkiness and stuttering that I have already mentioned. My graphics card is minimum spec though, so this is probably why.

I'm not at all bothered about the 3D though so it would be nice to have the option to just have a basic non-graphic intensive option.

Having recently fired up FM08 for a quick look at one of my old saves, I found the match highlights to be so much more fluid. Playing a match was quick and enjoyable. Right now, on FM09, it is too slow and uneven for me. :(

C.

Generally speaking with games such as these, the problem components are rarely video cards and are often either RAM or CPU based. Certainly when my twice weekly Virus Scan fires up I find myself staring at incredibly jerky and slow match replays.

The increase in fan speed is not necessarilly down to your Video Card, it could also arise from an increase in CPU temperature. In a laptop however these temperature issues are rarely borne from individual components.

You have stated that the stuttering match replays occur after a while of playing rather than instantly upon game start or your first minute of watching the replay, so it definately sounds like the ambient temperature buildup inside your laptop is causing your components to run at reduced efficiency.

You should consider a high energy efficiency CPU that sacrifices processing power for a reduction in operating temperature, so long as its performance is not inferior to what you have now. I doubt that your components are too inferior to play FM09, but that they become so through the generation of heat. Certainly with your other issue regarding match processing it sounds like your Processor rather than Video Card is the prime suspect.

Generally speaking with games such as these, the problem components are rarely video cards and are often either RAM or CPU based. Certainly when my twice weekly Virus Scan fires up I find myself staring at incredibly jerky and slow match replays.

I've actually pretty much disabled everything in terms of background processes. I generally play without my virus software activated and while I am offline as well.

You have stated that the stuttering match replays occur after a while of playing rather than instantly upon game start or your first minute of watching the replay, so it definately sounds like the ambient temperature buildup inside your laptop is causing your components to run at reduced efficiency.

I'm not sure where I stated this but I have since found it to be totally arbitrary. Certainly, I am more likely to experience problems after playing for a while (this was particularly true when I had 3D switched on), but I have actually found problems after just starting up my game (and, indeed, after just turning on the laptop itself).

In addition to this, the actual replay highlights of goals are nearly always stuttering. It's often so bad that I simply can't watch replays of the goals.

I doubt that your components are too inferior to play FM09, but that they become so through the generation of heat. Certainly with your other issue regarding match processing it sounds like your Processor rather than Video Card is the prime suspect.

My processor and RAM are pretty decent. I have Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 1.66GHz and 3GB RAM. It used to run around 15 leagues on FM08 like a dream. The processing time for FM09 is much slower for me though. :confused: I've run a few holiday tests and there really is a significant difference.

Anyway, the reason I suspect the video card regarding the match issues is due to its low specification.

C.

Archived